Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
Yeah. The "thinks you're too close to the segment to close it" is really badly done. Usually that's when I'm up at the stop sign, the first chance I have to close it safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Good spotting, all.

That... is a pretty awful way for the feature to work.

If a road is closed, it's closed. The road. Doesn't matter which direction you're coming from. This isn't a "turn not allowed" report, it's a "closure" report.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
^ I agree, this is a big problem. I know I took a screenshot months ago meaning to make a post about it, but I'm not sure I ever got around to it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
fvwazing wrote:It wasn't the case in my example, but I just remind that the practice of inserting a short (15m) segment in a freeway as means of a "wayfinder" segment or to force directions is not compatible with reporting closures as it works now. [sorryhavenolinkathand]
If it stays like this we will have find different workarounds for those.
Point of clarification if I understand correctly, the issue is with a single un-named segment added BEFORE a split to force instructions (used often in Europe). It is NOT an issue with segments added at the start of EACH path from the split to force instructions (used often in the USA).
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
davipt wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Point of clarification if I understand correctly, the issue is with a single un-named segment added BEFORE a split to force instructions (used often in Europe). It is NOT an issue with segments added at the start of EACH path from the split to force instructions (used often in the USA).
OT: link for a thread discussing this? why two different solutions? I'm curious and still undecided how to do these splits myself.
Last OT post: I don't know of a thread discussing both. I only learned of the single "European" split recently. Dual ("USA") method provides for full information mirroring what is on the roadway signs which usually includes the route number and at least one control city. Single ("European") method just sticks to route numbers alone as assigned to the road segments.

Both provide a way to have unique names on both branches of the split compared to the segment leading into the split.

Here is the wiki page I wrote documenting what is typically done in the US.

If anyone wants to chat more, lets start a new topic somewhere :)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator