Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I see the same today. A few directions, lots of "none" rows, and a few more directions.

EDIT: The "none" entries correspond to mileage markers every .1 miles. They've definitely made changes to the response of the RoutingRequest as these "NONE" markers have not existed until very recently. The returned JSON text is significantly longer now, and full of those NONE entries.

EDIT2: The returned code also now includes a "TTS" entry. It looks like Waze is preparing to enable their own navigation list, which should better mirror exactly what the app TTS would read out. There is also a value for "additionalInstruction" which I don't recall seeing before.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Tim, I agree with your assessment. Earlier, I didn't pay close enough attention to where the junctions were.

Andy, the instruction used to be called "continue" in the route list, and now appears to be called "none" and has always existed in the instructions passed. However, the app doesn't receive an instruction for this. Waze knows we want to be able to have this for specific situations, but in general, no instruction is needed to stay going straight through a 4-way intersection. You may also be interested to know that the UR routes used to show this continue instruction as well. Note the graphics and information on http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Upda ... ted_Routes
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Thanks Tim! I'll try it out. I noted some changes like tts above. I saw the toll value too. More robust built-in web-based navigation planning which includes more app-type options seems reasonable...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
HavanaDay wrote:I too would be interested in the extra toll tag if it becomes relevant. BTW, not sure if this has been asked or answered but does the query return travel times for segments? I was thinking this might be helpful to figure out why some routes get routed certain ways.
Yes. Tim was thinking of adding that information in a while ago, but I think he busy.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Time/distance display in the simple lists would be excellent.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
foxitrot wrote:Most turn icons were not showing up for weeks already. INTL. I thought I've already reported it before.
Perhaps it has been longer. I just noticed it today because I was waiting to see a new turn instruction. While Waze says the map for NA has been updated and the Livemap date reflects that, changes I made prior to 8PM GMT are not in the livemap nor app map today.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xteejx wrote:I'm getting a lot of "none"s come up in between instructions. Strangely it's only today I've noticed it.
Are you sure you are using the latest version? That was why .7 was put out.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:I also noticed, but thought it was for some other temporary reason. I'll see if I can fix it soon...
Here's a version with only the images changed. I thought that the addon also put the turn instructions right on each junction like WME does for URs. I guess I was wrong.

-Alan
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message