Post by shmupi2
wl02703 wrote:
faitaru wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Mixed messages then because I've definitely seen confirmation from several members of waze that only iOS and Android will be actively developed for the moment.
I have seen similar, although I can't think where I read it. Possibly a thread in the announcements forum about future versions.
The announcement about future versions is here. WM, BB & Symbian users will not be getting new versions.
I"m aware of the latest declaration...i was talking about the answers that the users and area managers got throughout the latest year....since early 2011. ( posted on Waze facebook page as well)

I'm sorry but it makes no sense to release a beta version for the symbian and not even get a final release for that....and even the beta for symbian is more advanced that the version released for the Blackberry OS/
shmupi2
Send a message
Country Manager : Israel , Thailand , Romania

Blackberry 9780 OS. 6.0.0.723 - Waze v 2.0.2.3
BlueStacks 0.7.7.813 Android Emulator,Waze v.3.5.1.905
https://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6984_n.jpg

Post by shmupi2
dmcconachie wrote:If the beta version is deemed to be less stable than the current release version and in the time since releasing the beta the decision has been made to cease development of that platform then it makes perfect sense. Both Symbian and Blackberry OS are on their last legs and continuing to use developer time on them is what doesn't make sense.
The beta version of the symbian was much better than the official version 2.

It has much more futures close to the iphone version and the Android 2.3 and 2.4 versions.....

Anyway...we had in the Israeli forum a long thread of feedback and still...nothing

And again ...neither the BB nor the Nokia versions are not the main issue here.

The main issue is lack of communication and transparency by the Waze leaders...and I'm not sure if the support team even have a say in this mater. Ehud posted and replied as well so I guess he is following this thread.

Hopefully this will make a change in the way that the leaders and managers of Waze think about their users...fans and mostly important Area managers.

Regards,
Shmupi
shmupi2
Send a message

Post by shmupi2
dmcconachie wrote:You're going to disenfranchise an awful lot of early adopters (of which I consider myself one) if this goes ahead. I can see an argument to create a yearly and/or monthly leaderboard certainly but removing the All-time board is a no-go for me!
+1

If you'll have 2 separate boards....drivers and map editors...maybe
shmupi2
Send a message

Post by Spil
WeeeZer14 wrote:Every time something goes wrong (map updates, point updates, forum login, etc etc etc) that means the infrastructure is being updated. :D
If that were really true, then Waze must probably have the most bleeding-edge state-of-the-art infrastructure technology in the universe by now, considering how many problems we've been experiencing lately. :P :P :lol:
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by The Fej
Gaps indicate an inconsistency between the tiles located on client and routing server. This should not happen as client is checking if tile "dirty bit" to see if needs be refreshed, but in case routing server tiles are updated and client tiles update has failed (they are different tiles in our server), this might happen, though in practice, server tiles should not be updated without client tiles updated simultaneously as well.
This will be tackled as part of the tiles bug corrections, until we perfect the process.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
In continuation to the Papyrus issues reporting, please see http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13191
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by the1who
Thanks for taking the time to write a post in the forums. I appreciate it. Thanks for the great product that we are passionate about and tend to voice our opinions on.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by travisham
As a fairly new user (just a few weeks so far), I'll say that I appreciate the transparency offered here. Admittedly, it's rough that my last rank update was Oct 16th, and that the last update for my recent routes was Oct 19th, but seeing the honesty shared here by those at the top helps soften the blow. Waze does an amazing job at helping me get around: faster.

Sure, I'm looking forward to the bells and whistles to start working at a faster rate, but I'm also appreciative that it accomplishes it's main goal very well (in my experience). Maybe I'm the oddball in terms of being a new user that I actually came here to read all of this, but I do find greater encouragement to keep using Waze :D
travisham
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Every time something goes wrong (map updates, point updates, forum login, etc etc etc) that means the infrastructure is being updated. :D
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by wl02703
faitaru wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Mixed messages then because I've definitely seen confirmation from several members of waze that only iOS and Android will be actively developed for the moment.
I have seen similar, although I can't think where I read it. Possibly a thread in the announcements forum about future versions.
The announcement about future versions is here. WM, BB & Symbian users will not be getting new versions.
wl02703
Send a message