These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Johngalt1717
Here's my list of things on my Lumia 928:
  • At first GPS was fine but the more I use it, the more Waze gets completely lost. I don't have this issue in Here Drive+. I'm constantly getting "GPS signal not available". Restart does not fix it.
  • The battery gets sucked dry faster than my Droid X did under google maps, and that's saying something!
  • It doesn't appear that you can delete a favorite.
  • The look and feel isn't consistent. There was too much effort to keep the UI the same instead of using the device's UI. So while the map screen is fine, other screens are hard to read (i.e. reading the text while driving of the alerts when you try and flag one is almost impossible because it's white on light blue and too small). And just as bad, the preferences have this weird white box behind them instead of some sort of consistent layout. I know that that blue is the waze color, but it really should just use the system defaults including font sizing etc. I classify this as a bug because it really makes the app difficult to use and look amateurish when it doesn't need to be.

Wish List:
  • Integrate with my Passport Radar detector's Bluetooth support and let me mark cops and false positives and have it update Waze as a result. This would be killer, especially if it used statistical data to mark the false positives and mute my radar detector!!!!
Johngalt1717
Send a message

Post by jonasv
jameseallen81 wrote:Anyone else using it on WIndows Phone 8.1 yet?
I updated recently and I've been getting problems with data connectivity, resolved by turning my phone on and off again but a bit annoying.
I'm on an HTC 8X and I was wondering if anyone else experienced similar?

Cheers!
Lumia 630 (dual sim), I had that issue once... restart did the trick

I've had an issue that when I check for other routes, it automatically closed Waze (time after time)
(but I can't reproduce that anymore after restart)
jonasv
Send a message

Post by jonasv
once again, same bug, but not able to get rid of it.

While driving, I checked other routes... it crashes, and when you open Waze again, it closes.
Restart phone doesnt work.. Had to remove battery :(
jonasv
Send a message

Post by jonasv
Dont have time to check the entire thread... so if I put something here thats already been mentioned.
I am sorry ;)

first of, when I take a different route,
the recalculating pop-up remains (even after finding another route) so I have to press the back button.
Als when notifying roadblocks etc, the send pop-up remains.
Here the message that thanks you for adding it (that comes over the ETA) remains (dont know how to delete that)

also when asking for different routes + clicking on the map version = closing of the app
jonasv
Send a message

Post by joostboers
Great to have Waze on my Nokia next to Drive+. It is defenitely better in jams. However, my L920 experiences a battery drain when using the app. It's a GPS issue and whilst I already have all energy saving options applied, driving with the charger on my battery is losing power as some-one else mentioned as well. Please look at the energy consumption of the app. Thank you!
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
-------------------------------------------------
https://www.feeling-healthy.net
Creating Positive Change

Fetching Waze scores with a iPhone or Android in a Lexus CT200h - or a Lexus NX300h. Based in Nederhorst den Berg (The Netherlands).

Post by joostboers
Thank you - I experience the same - leading me to avoid using Waze unfortunately.

Also the default 'Drive' app is energy intensive, this one seems to be in balance however - effectively not charging (too much). In general: making use of Bluetooth makes a huuge difference however during a drive I don't like to turn this off as I also am taking quite some calls in the car.

Hopefully this can be improved!

Kind regards,

Joost
rapiddani wrote:
brighcj wrote:4) phone gets really warm, uses Bart faster than my 3.1a charger can give, I've got a 4.2a charger in the mail now. But, if there's anything that can be done on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as right now, long road trips are out for waze.
Phone getting hot is OK... We are used to it by now... Playing any 'more serious' game gives the same effect.
For me the biggest flaw is that, while using Waze the battery drains more than it charges (L920 GDR2)...
today I started from 100% fresh off the charger - was driving and wazing (3g network) for about ~50mins, while constantly charging with Nokia cr-200 - at the end battery is drained down to 65%.... that means I couldn't even use it for 3 hours with this charger.
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Creating Positive Change

Fetching Waze scores with a iPhone or Android in a Lexus CT200h - or a Lexus NX300h. Based in Nederhorst den Berg (The Netherlands).

Post by joostboers
I have one BIG problem using Waze on my Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 920, 8.1): the battery drain. I may use nearly the whole battery capacity in just over an hour using Waze, even when charging. When driving, I tend not to have any other apps running and don't make many calls when driving. I am looking forward to a quick fix of this issue!
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Creating Positive Change

Post by joostboers
I had Waze crashing and restarting the whole phone when submitting a traffic jam. The battery indicater then gave virtual zero 'juice' (whilst I assumed it was about 85% - only from driving with Waze on and a short phone call using bluetooth - after about 50 minutes starting at 100% and charging on - please look at the energy consumption!). Another restart (which also occurred spontaneously when re-starting Waze) returned the phone to function normally.

When using Waze, and only when using Waze and not Nokia HERE, during a phone call the bluetooth headset (Parrot Minikit Neo) regularly turns into silent mode and after a while back. This makes it impossible receiving a call using Waze at the same time. Can you please look at this? The Parrot software is up to date.

FYI - I use the Windows Phone Lumia Black system, most recent, on a Lumia 920.
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Creating Positive Change

Post by joostboers
Thank you for the update of WIndows Phone - it is an improvement especially for the battery performance (however it still costs battery during driving and charging but less now).

When reporting a traffic jam or danger, it takes a long time for the various screens for further details to appear. Something goes very slow there, even when I recently had restarted the phone before using it.

Also I have a message 'Downloading new voices...' that stays at 0% all the time and which disappears after about 10 minutes - clicking on 'okay' to dismiss the 'download didn't succeed' message also takes a long while, probably linked to the issue I mentioned above.
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Creating Positive Change

Post by joostboers
Login doesn't work after re-installing

I had to delete and re-install Waze on my Nokia Lumia 920. After installing it, I was not able to login - using the correct details, the message was they were wrong several times and also after a new try after deleting and re-installing it a day later.

How to get around this?

I realise Waze on WP is not supported but thank you for helping me!

Best wishes - Joost
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Creating Positive Change