Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by AndyPoms
HavanaDay wrote:Doing a little research with the edit map and the "NONE" markers. What it looks like to me is every junction that has no effect on the directions gets a "NONE" marker. Do you agree with that assessment?
If that is what's actually happening, it would be nice to be able to get access to that property. So we could "force" a direction prompt (i.e. "Continue Straight on <RAMP NAME>" when a surface streets leads directly to ramps)
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by argus-cronos
Well done. Isn't it time for a Script Thread with a summary of all useful Scripts and addons that are running around the waze forum. Perhaps in The Map Section or the board index?
argus-cronos
Send a message

asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigbear3764
If your running the highlight script, you can click on the turn instruction list, then go to open in WME to see what that segments times are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Using Beta 0.73, did a route and went to click on a turn instruction from the left direction pane, Waze took live map to the Alantic Ocean off of Africa.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by bobsk8
Just discovered this today. Works great. Thanks. :) :)
bobsk8
Send a message
Nexus 4
Atlanta, GA.

Post by Caradellino
Thanks Timbones,
this is a really great tool.
In Austria we also use it, to explain problems in the routing intructions (or sometimes to confirm reports of problems before we take on the quest to solve them) - works perfectly.

But it makes me long for more... ;)

Would it be possible to apply a similar tool in the editor? Sometimes I would like to check, if I got it right BEFORE its in the map (weired junctions etc.)
Oh, how I would love that... :mrgreen:

I know, there is basically no way to enter a start and an end point in the editor, but maybe if you select two segments...for a routing from the first to the second...
I have to admit, I have not the faintest idea, what and how much has to be done to get such a tool...
...I just would like it :lol:
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Greets...and keep on wazing
Caradellino, CM for:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... /Mysig.png
AT-Wiki | Team Austria | Wie Waze Routen kalkuliert
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
Thanks for the info, Alan...

Somehow I had a feeling, the situation would be like this...

I already suspected, the tool would mount on the basic routing done by the livemap itself - still I had a vague hope, it would do the trick by itself.

...but still a man can dream :lol:

Once again, thanks anyway for your time - especially if there have been other threads already which I have been too lazy to look for ... ;)
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Greets...and keep on wazing
Caradellino, CM for:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... /Mysig.png
AT-Wiki | Team Austria | Wie Waze Routen kalkuliert
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by CBenson
This would be fantastic - if it returned the same instructions as my phone. Alas, it does not. I'm using a Verizon Droid2 Android 2.3.3 waze 2.4.0.26. I'm incredibly frustrated by the ramp naming bug. So of course the first thing I did with the extension was to check a few ramps. They do not show the same as on my phone. For example, I used the extension to travel from US-50 westbound to I-97 N here. Great, the first ramp name is listed! But as I'm on Android version 2, I still have a navigation list on the phone. The instructions that show on the navigation list on the phone are:
  • Exit right to to I-97 N Baltimore
    Keep right to to I-97 N Baltimore
    Approaching destination.
It is great to know that there is readily available code that provides the correct instructions over ramps. I just wish it was on my phone.

Tim, great work, I really appreciate the tool.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902