The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Unable to Change Layers in Chrome

Post by KiwiCoolDino
When I hover (or click) the layers icon in the top right, nothing happens. I tried in IE and it worked just fine. I cleared my cache and rebooted the computer. To at least be able to see roads again, I took a link from IE and changed the URL from "layers=1961" to "layers=4013".

Any ideas on how to make my layers icon work again?

KiwiCoolDino :)
KiwiCoolDino
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17005167

Send a message

Post by baysidelass
KiwiCoolDino, have you tried using WME keyboard shortcut to toggle Layers on/off?
I have Windows 8.1 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m. The layers button stopped working for me about a week ago. I tried clearing cache and resetting all scripts to defaults, but still hovering over or clicking mouse did not work. It's still not working, so I am using the keyboard shortcut L to toggle Layers on and off.
baysidelass
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by baysidelass
Three with same Chrome version. Has anyone posted about this in the forum for the latest WME release?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
baysidelass
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by baysidelass
Sending thanks to KC-Guardrail for inspiration to click different areas of the icon.

Does this work for anyone else? Try clicking around the edges of the button icon, not in the center of the button.

The whole Layers button icon lights up when I put the cursor over it. But, unlike before 8-9 days ago, the hot spot for activating the drop down [menu/form/list] is not in the center; it is around the edges of the button icon.
baysidelass
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
What version of Chrome? What OS? Windows? Mac? Any issue when you try on a different machine?

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
I have not had any issues with the layers menu, running Chrome version 43 on OS X Yosemite. Does this issue persist in Firefox as well?
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by KC-Guardrail
I've noticed that I sometimes have to click on the layers button and then move my mouse curser down a bit, to where the layers drop down menu should appear.
KC-Guardrail
Send a message

Post by KiwiCoolDino
The keyboard shortcut works fine and the centre of the icon (with the layers picture) does not respond to clicking. However around the icon picture itself works just fine.

Chrome Version 43.0.2357.132 m
(Have an update apparently)

So I am happy with this :) Apparently it is a WME issue for Chrome?
KiwiCoolDino
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lostmrcelophane
I've had this issue on Windows 8.1 with Chrome (43.0.2357.132) for a week or so. The layers button doesn't respond to mouse clicks. The keyboard shortcut ("L") is a workaround. It seemed to have begun with a WME update.
lostmrcelophane
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lostmrcelophane
Works for me. This is still a bug though.
lostmrcelophane
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message