Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bedo2991
papok wrote:
sketch wrote:
papok wrote: - Would be nice to be able to change the width of the roads.
You can do this – just change the number in the configuration panel.
.... and the change occurs in real-time!

And don't forget to save afterwards, otherwise the changes made during that session are lost.

Inviato dal mio LG-D620 utilizzando Tapatalk
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
papok wrote: - Street names hide arrows to many times (on ortogonal, regular, cities.)
I was aware of that but I forgot to write it to the Known issue. Nevertheless I'm glad to say that the issue is fixed.
When that happens, two extra arrows are generated. The problem is when the street is horizontal, in that case the name may still cover the arrow.

Version 0.3
  • It's possible to open the preference windows also by clicking on the scale line, that is shown also when the Imagery are turned off.
  • Extra arrows when label covers the only one.
  • New style for arrows.
  • Maximum road thickness is increased to 15 instead of 10.
arrows.jpg
New arrows design and placemente
(156.89 KiB) Downloaded 1567 times
Download link (or update via Greasemonkey)
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
papok wrote:At zoom level 3 the streets are not shown. I understand why (you cannot fetch the data), may be by scanning at zoom level 4...
The problem is that the vector layer is not so suitable for far zoom editing. The more elements you'll have to draw an the map and the slower it will run.
For this reason I'm already limiting the number of features that get drawn at zoom level smaller than 5 (No arrows, no extra decorations like toll, etc...)
Another option would be to automatically fallback to the normal layer when the user zooms out (1, 2, 3), but I personally don't know if it's worth it (at least the normal layer shows the city names too).
What do you think?
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Version 0.4(.1) is out!
Changelog:
  • Is possible to customize how many labels will be shown at "Near" (>= 5) and "Far" (< 5) zoom using the sliders in the preference panel.
  • It is now possible to style unnamed roads too.
  • It is possible to customize streets decoration (toll, restrictions, closed)
  • Preference panel is not covered by the header anymore when not in fullscreen.
  • Import and Export buttons are always visible
  • Improvements in the preferences panel styling
Important!
The previous settings will have to be reverted to their default value. At the first run the script will allow you to make a backup. Copy the string and import it afterwards if you've made any change. The process might fail, let me know how it goes! :?
pref.jpg
New preferences
(39.47 KiB) Downloaded 1426 times
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Version 0.5
  • Roads with direction "Unknown" used to have a random direction displayed, now hexagons are shown instead of arrows.
  • Labels are shifted slightly toward north, in order to see also the arrow below the names and the labels don't cover the segment if it is horizontal.
  • The preference panels has been divided into sections to make it clearer.
  • When you edit something in the preference panel the save button becomes orange to remind you to press it.
5.jpg
(260.19 KiB) Downloaded 1386 times
Know issues
  • Nodes sometimes not shown/shown under the segments
  • When renaming a segment it is displayed as a red segment until you pan or zoom in/out.
Thanks all of you who are giving me valuable feedback and encouragement :)
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Version 0.6
  • New: Support for streets that are pending for validation. (only available in few places at the moment, for example here).
  • New: Elevation! Bridges (elevation > 0) and tunnels (elevations <0) are rendered differently. For bridges they have a black border, tunnels are darker than the normal streets of the same type.
  • Changed: Default colors for primary, highways and freeways are exactly the same as the old editor ("Reset" from the preference panel to apply them, if updating from an older version).
  • Fixed: when renaming a segment is displayed as a red one (as unnamed).
  • Fixed: "ghost segments" when moving them.
level.jpg
(568.61 KiB) Downloaded 1369 times
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Please click on one of the 2 possible points on the attribution bar:
panel.jpg
(200.16 KiB) Downloaded 1207 times
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Version 0.7 (is all about the arrows)
  • Redesign of the arrow styles (from equilateral to isosceles) and for the unknown direction a red cross.
  • Redesign of the arrow placement engine. It should be more efficient and generate less reduntant arrows (you can tweak it using the new slider in the preference panel).
  • Fix: red segments were not drawn.
Known issue
  • Long one way segments with few geometry nodes should have more arrows shown.
  • When changing the elevation of a segment, its new status is not rendered accordingly.
  • Nodes, will be fixed: "Waze-soon"
arrows.jpg
(234.68 KiB) Downloaded 915 times
Is anyone actually using it apart from me? :D
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
2 people, not bad :)
Version 0.8
  • Nodes are finally correctly drawn when you edit a segment.
  • Better arrow positioning on roundabouts (the slider won't affect the number of arrows that are placed on the roundabouts, they are computed in another way).
roundabout.jpg
(27.05 KiB) Downloaded 897 times
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Yes, the download link is somewhere in the previous messages

Inviato dal mio LG-D620 utilizzando Tapatalk
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs