Post by steveinark
taco909 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:You can try to erase everything in the URL after "https://www.waze.com/editor". Then press enter on the URL, this will reload the page in the current location and not overwrite any layer or selection parameters.
I do that regularly, however, Monday night it was not reloading at the current location, but rather it was reloading at the last followed PL (including restoring layers that had been toggled)
Have not seen that yet ... and hope I don't. I might never get back to the last spot out in the boonies of AR, LOL.

To the issue of using the "www.waze.com/editor" for a refresh. In any given editing session, especially in peak evening hours. Without it, one would quickly want to just give up and come back later. :D

On my browser toolbar, that URL is my "FAR LEFT, #1 bookmark", titled "Refresh WME" ... I can almost hit it with the mouse without looking.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by Streetchecker
Cannot edit housenumbers with characters in the new release.
Streetchecker
Send a message

Post by Streetchecker
karlcr9911 wrote:
StreetChecker wrote:Cannot edit housenumbers with characters in the new release.
This was reported in beta and still not resolved.
Last week, I used the editor and I was able to add numbers with characters. Has been a new version of the editor released?
Streetchecker
Send a message

Post by Superb2018
Hi,

during a reload or permalink all layer settings are saved.

But not the new "road experimental". This must be re- activated.

Should that be so? And if yes, why?

Regards, Thomas
Superb2018
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Superb2018
Good morning,

another day, another bug :)

When you "Select entire street" and the direction of the same streets is multiple you can not save the change, for example when you set the direction to two-way.

The bug is only when you "Select entire street". When you mark the streets it is possible to set all segments.

Regards, Thomas
Superb2018
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
There's an existing suggestion in Centercode to visualize in WME the closures reported through the app:
* SUG-0661 - Create User Reports in the WME for multi-day closures reported through the app

Centercode might not be the correct place to report that suggestion, but there might be something needed in the app as well to get it visible in WME so I thought it couldn't hurt...
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
taco909 wrote: That function should be there.
Pending closures (those not yet active due to schedule, or those entered from the app by a low-level user and not yet confirmed) display in the WME closures layer with a grey icon.
Active closures show with a red icon.

Opening the closure option on the segment (L4+) will show if it is a 1-way or a 2-way, the person reporting the closure (if L1/2/3 then the closure came from the app since they do not have access to RTC)
The end date is often "1969" or some other date that makes no sense.

But I agree that having something more clearly displayed in WME as to whether the closure is from the app and not yet confirmed, or from the RTC system is a good idea.
Maybe, but an app closure is usually not complete, maybe one or two segments are reported while other segments stay open. Plus they do not stand out from other closures which are entered in WME and which most likely are complete.

That suggestion is to make clear in WME that an editor needs to take a closer look and complete the closure in that area.
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by taco909
citeman wrote:I will add my name to the editors that could not edit or delete a closure this morning in the US.
And one more here.
Unable to edit or remove closures that I created within my driven area or granted area
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Strange:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 024&zoom=6

These closures, when I select the segment, it gives "Edit Closures" as an option (and incidentally, these need to be extended another 30 days or so)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 795&zoom=6

These closures show "Add Closures"
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich