It's time to... MapRaid!!!

المملكة العربية السعودية

Moderators: MapSir, Unholy, AlObaili

Re: It's time to... MapRaid!!!

Postby AlObaili » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Unholy wrote:Sounds like a plan.

The Raiders can be concentrate on updating the streets names while updating the segments and adding missing ones.

What do you think about involving editors from neighboring countries too? it will be a good chance the work together - teach and learn.

This is a good idea :)

Nothing's better than having more wazeres to help.

If there is any need to know street names I can provide them in Ar Riyadh. I know this city very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
منسـق مجتمع ويز الـسـعـوديـة ومنسـق التعـريـب لمنتجـات ويـز
Saudi Arabia CM & Coordinator for Arabic
AlObaili
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: It's time to... MapRaid!!!

Postby AlObaili » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:07 pm

This is a fantastic idea!
But the problem is the locals are very few. I previously started a thread discussing to localize names to get users in Saudi Arabia to enjoy Waze more.
The main issue here is the lack of localization and I am already working hard with the Localization team to translate WME to bring more locals to the community of editors.

I suggest that we focus on Localizing whenever possible in this Raid. This will be a good opportunity to support Arabic faster!

Things that need to be in Arabic are city names, street names, places names and addresses. For features where Alternate names are supported I recommend using Arabic for the main name and English for the alternative name, except for the city part when adding alternative street names. I highly suggest city names remain only in Arabic no matter what.

As long as keeping localization in mind, I'm more than happy to be involved in this MapRaid :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
منسـق مجتمع ويز الـسـعـوديـة ومنسـق التعـريـب لمنتجـات ويـز
Saudi Arabia CM & Coordinator for Arabic
AlObaili
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Previous

Return to Saudi Arabia