Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Shorty-CM
Waze has its limitations. And nothing should be stopping drivers from paying attention to what they're doing. No matter what some app/device says, you should still be taking responsibility for watching the road, signs, and what you should be doing as a result of what you see.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Hmm, so basically, this means if you ever touch any junction at all the only way to make sure the map data is correct is to then edit every single junction that exists in the entire map. Since touching one means you then have to touch the one at the other end of every segment attached to that junction you just touched. Ad infinitum.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Apparently I read too quickly. You have to manually lock the segment to lock both junctions it terminates with. I thought I had read that merely changing one junction would lock junctions at the other end of the segment, which is not what it said at all. :roll:
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
ahem
krankyd wrote:In the cartouche:
* We are more limited on the cartouche. When you edit a restricted turn, you are actually locking the entire node. We realize usually you work on all turns in a junction, but this is something you should be aware of if you're still working with the cartouche and not papyrus.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
I know exactly what he's referring to. The new editor is useful for some things, but bugs with other things still make it a requirement.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Go crazy with 'allow all directions' along big, long stretches of highway. For, like, 4 hours, and then cry as you notice this now means that the whole thing allows driving the wrong way. And then spend another 4 hours fixing it in cartouche. Heh. Where 'allow all' works with 1-ways. For one example.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
I just told you. It allows driving the wrong way. Open up both editors and look at it in cartouche after saving in papyrus after using allow all.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Only reason I caught it was because of a huge amount of reports of wrong turns the next day or two after my first four-hour session where I used papyrus. :P
dmcconachie wrote:I'm pretty sure we were told that wasn't a problem as the routing server would use the 1way road over any turn non-restriction and is the exact reason they don't thus show in papyrus. I've not experienced any time when I've been routed the wrong way up a 1way street!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Shorty-CM wrote:Solution: Leave junctions alone.
Why not replace the single junction with two separate junctions; one for each of the roads. That way you remove the possibility for the routing to take an impossible turn, while still adding an appropriate penalty. You won't get traffic warnings when stopped at the junction either.

That should make everyone happy :)

Edit: Are there two sets of lights on the ramp? If not, then I think the second junction should only be for the highway as cars shouldn't be stopping on the ramp. In other words, put 3 junctions where the stop lines are, rather than when the roads intersect.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message