Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by davidg666
lsin023 wrote:My level: 3
Reason for request: Reverse connectivity @ Fishamble St / Essex St W intersection
Thanks
Sorry for the delay in responding to this request.

I've cleared the lock completely, and taken the liberty of fixing the reverse connectivity at the same time.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
Hi Des,
CTCNetwork wrote:I have looked on the Wexford County Council website and not found a listing for this one.
Looked on wicklow council site as well and nothing there either!

Access to South Quay is restricted and is no through road from the bridge end to the junction with Harbour Rd.

Access is limited as the is a whacking great hole in the road! You can get to Fogarty's Ter from the Arklow Bridge Road end and no further and at least to Anchor Mews.
Access through South Green is also restricted.
Sorry for the delay in responding to this.

Do you know if the hole is still there, and, if it is, how long it might be before it's fixed? I can put a closure on it, but would need to know an end date - although this might be hard to determine if neither county council website mentions it and there's no local information.

Does your permalink include all segments that would need to be closed?

thanks,

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Des,
CTCNetwork wrote:Here.
Includes affected roads. They were all marked access to residents only as you cannot get through due to the closure.
There was no indication of how long the works would be in place at all but it did look pretty long term. Two holes and they are working on pipes between I believe.
I'll look again on Wexford and wicklow site to see if I can find anything, Might be a waterboard thing though?
Thanks again.

I couldn't find any mention of Arklow at Irish Water.

Do you remember where the holes were? I'd be inclined just to put a closure on the segment(s) with the holes and leave everything else as-is. The closures should stop through traffic being routed, but still let residents get routed home.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Reason for request: Street incorrectly named
Lock cleared completely. I think I placed this lock myself a couple of years ago after a few misguided mis-edits, but that's all water under the bridge now.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
I've renamed the street in accordance with its mis-naming, but I'd prefer to leave the lock in place as the junction (between this street, Pembroke St and Leeson St) is slightly complicated and it took me quite a while to get it to behave right.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
I've renamed this one too, but left the lock in place for the same reason as the lock on the Hatch St segment.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Reason for request: Missing junction N5/L1210
Lock lowered to L3. I would have cleared it completely, but at this location the road is newer than the satellite images, so it's better to keep the lock in place until the satellite images have been updated, so that a well-intentioned editor doesn't inadvertently change the road to match the images.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
We have a new subforum for unlock and update requests. Please use it for all your future unlock and update requests. Don't use this thread any more.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
AFAIK, the selected language makes no difference at all to WME, other than some of the words being translated.

Personally, as I often get involved in discussions outside the UK, I have chosen to stay with US English as the terms used in WME will, at least, be familiar to a global audience. I'm perfectly happy with mentally translating "Freeway" to "Motorway" for UK use, whilst not confusing a foreign editor who may not be sure what "Motorway" means.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by lsin023
My level: 2
Reason for request: The Ocean covers L1405 Atlantic Dr.
Thanks
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by lsin023 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.