Experiencing "Searching for Networks" Problem

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Experiencing "Searching for Networks" Problem

Postby nick-name » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:19 pm

If remembering and understood correctly from reading other threads and discussions, the network sought for, is not the mobile phone network. It is rather the (network of) Waze servers that can not be connected to. The problem can depend on many things.
Poor coverage of the mobile network at current position of user.
Congested mobile network, even with good reception (ie proper radio quality), there might not be room for everybody's data traffic.
Problems on the way to/at the other end, eg Waze servers having bad time or something else.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

MapRaids: WoWs2 Pakistan, Russia, WoW India (2017 Chhattisgarh, 2018 Uttar Pradesh), MMR-X (Swaziland)
nick-name
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby plumridc » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:19 am

IPhone cause: app not enabled to use cellular data (i.e. some how along the way this app got configured to only use wifi, which for an app that is used for traveling purposes is not possible).

Solution: go to iPhone Settings > Cellular > scroll down to Waze app and enable.
plumridc

Postby puerki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:19 pm

I have that problem when I first had a network connection... then I lost ist for a cupple of minutes and get back the connection... It "Searching for Network" the hole time... and doesn't work anymore until I restart the app.
There was an Version I get from the support team, it worked this way.
Is there a new Version with a solution for this bug?
puerki

Postby relleumffej » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:12 am

I, too, have been experiencing this for the past couple of weeks on iPhone 4S with IOS 7. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, without success.

The one time I got it to work for a short time after it occurred, was by turning airplane mode on, waiting a minute, then turning it off. Waze reconnected to the network, but began "searching network, again, and not allowing me to drop pins for things I found on my drive.
relleumffej

Postby roxolid » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 am

The same here with Android 4.0.4... During the drive, I got email notifications, so the phone is connected to internet but Waze is still reporting "Waiting for network"...
roxolid

Postby way2fast59 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah, I've noticed this a lot more recently in the past few weeks as well. I'll be driving along the interstate and "Searching for a Network" comes up. I know I have LTE Data connectivity because my music stream does not stop. Then, after about a mile or so, it finds the network and then pop back up asking if I would like to resume my last route.
way2fast59

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing