Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Post by davidg666
lsin023 wrote:
Thanks for this!

If we ever get enough petrol stations mapped in Waze (I think we need something like 70% of all petrol stations in the country mapped...) then we can get Waze to turn on this feature for Ireland - this lets users log fuel prices when they're near a petrol station and view fuel prices for nearby petrol stations.

We seem to have many (most?) petrol stations mapped around Dublin, but I'm not sure how well we're doing with the rest of the country...

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
lsin023 wrote:Road closure links updated for:
Dublin, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Roscommon, Sligo, Westmeath
Splendid, thanks. Is there a road closure link for South Dublin? I notice you've got links for all the rest of Dublin (Dublin city, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown and Fingal)

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hunter2017Cool wrote:User of Waze for a while...
Here might be a link what could be usefull.

http://www.m7upgrade.com/
Thanks for this! The new junction 9a is especially good to know about, since we'll have to add that to the Waze map.

Other editors: do any of you live near this section of the N7 or drive along it regularly? It's useful to have first-hand knowledge on the road, seeing road layout updates as they happen. I don't know we'll need to change anything related to the road widening itself, but junction layout changes and the new interchange will need work.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hunter2017Cool wrote:
davidg666 wrote:
Other editors: do any of you live near this section of the N7 or drive along it regularly? It's useful to have first-hand knowledge on the road, seeing road layout updates as they happen. I don't know we'll need to change anything related to the road widening itself, but junction layout changes and the new interchange will need work.
I will keep an eye out for this and post the updates if you want, drive it it unfortunately every day. :mrgreen:
Cool - thanks. Sorry for the pain of having to use the N7 every day; I never look forward to it the odd time I do.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hunter2017Cool wrote:I will see if i can get some road layout, I do go to the sites were they are building at the moment, like the new fly-over and the new under-bridge for the Sallins bypass towards Clane, need some time to find them..... ;) am not the best with editing the map yet..... :shock:
Feel free to ask here for as much help as you need - or even just create whatever new segments are necessary and we can help to hook them up to the existing road network and set the road names, road types, elevation and so on. Practice makes perfect!

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hunter2017Cool wrote:Will get some info over the coming weeks, and will try the editor as well for practice...
Good stuff. You might find some of these resources helpful:
  1. Wazeopedia (new Waze wiki): https://wazeopedia.waze.com/
  2. Map editing guide: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Global ... g_practice
  3. The forum: https://www.waze.com/forum/
  4. The Ireland section of the forum (that's here): viewforum.php?f=119
  5. The Ireland section of the wiki (we haven't moved it to Wazeopedia yet): http://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Ireland
++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hunter2017Cool wrote:This is how it eventually will be done.(hopefully before 2020..... :?
Brilliant! Thank you.

It's funny - those plans are five years old already :)

I might place those planned roads on the map now (but as private roads, and not attached to anything, so nobody gets sent down them by mistake!) and then we can tweak their exact location and attach them to the existing roads shortly before they open, but put a closure on them so that they become available to Waze at the exact moment they open and not before.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
davidg666 wrote:
Hunter2017Cool wrote:This is how it eventually will be done.(hopefully before 2020..... :?
I might place those planned roads on the map now
OK; I've put the roads on the map, and we can adjust as necessary when the time comes.

Can you let us know when the works (or any parts of them if it doesn't all open at once) are going to open? It's possible that some parts (such as the roundabout on the R407 directly north of Sallins) will open sooner than others.

For the rest, we can hook it all up to the existing road network a week or two before it opens, but put a closure on it that expires at the moment of opening, to stop users being routed along the new roads too early.

Do you have any idea what the new bits of road are going to be called? The map suggests that it'll be the R407, which implies that the part of the existing R407 that goes through the middle of Sallins will stop being the R407.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by DonalHunt
pumps.ie is more or less dead. Would suggest removing it.
DonalHunt
Send a message

Post by Hunter2017Cool
Hello,

User of Waze for a while...
Here might be a link what could be usefull.

http://www.m7upgrade.com/

Regards.
Hunter2017Cool
Send a message