The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Archive window in Cartouche

Post by AggieJM
Is anyone else having issues seeing the "Show" icon for their archived routes in Cartouche? I'm referring to the column at the far right of the archive window, not the Show Route column with the Google Earth button.

Prior to 11/11/11, my routes were all named with a short file name (rm_12_11_11_2223327169_728469.gpx) so I could easily see all columns in the Archive window. Starting on 11/12/11, the file names became longer (/data/SessionsProcessor/plugins/queue/gpx/rm_19848064.gpx) which pushed the Show column just off the right edge of the window. I could still click the icon to display the route if I put my cursor just at the edge of the window. Starting on 12/1/11, the file names are now even longer (/data/SessionsProcessor/plugins/queue/gpx/rt.session.2428641500.2011-12-01-23-15-48-718.28401173.gpx) which pushes the Show and Updated columns completely off the window. I don't see a way to resize the Archive window in either Chrome or Firefox, so are there any options for getting to the Show column?

Thanks!
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3323561

Send a message

Post by AggieJM
Thanks Alan! I figured there was a topic on it, just didn't have the right search criteria I guess.

Ctrl-Scroll isn't working for me in either Firefox or Chrome. With the longer file names the way they are now (post 12/1), the closest I can get is the Updated column. It helps for the slightly longer names between 11/12 and 11/30, but it's not quite enough for the most recent routes.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Previously reported here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13317

Still waiting for any kind of answer from Waze officially on why the filename is so stinkin' long now and if they can just resize the panel.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AggieJM wrote:Ctrl-Scroll isn't working for me in either Firefox or Chrome.
That workaround has never worked for me as every element resizes the same, so the text and graphics get smaller, but so does the panel size, so it's all relative. And relatively sucky.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bgodette
Can probably fix this with a bit a userscript to place a max width on the filename column.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by RickW-NC
ctrl-scroll wheel will adjust the window. It works pretty good in firefox, marginal in chrome.
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)