Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jdelosa
Thank you

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Thanks Rick..... Will be back to working it hard tomorrow, I'll let you know, JD, from the city of 11,000 active URs, NYC NY

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
FollowOnlyOne wrote:I was wondering if there can be additional comments types added to the script. The one I am thinking of today is one for when the user gets delayed and know it at a turn when it is restricted, but waze is tell them to turn. I see at least one a day in Los Angeles. I was thinking of some text like "Volunteer responding - Waze has the time restriction already set correctly. Waze predicted that you would have completed the turn before the time restriction but traffic delayed you. Please obey the rules on the sign. Unfortunately, In this situation, there is nothing wrong with the map that we can adjust to prevent issues with the app. Please report this to https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6276841"
Have you tried the custom comments add-on.... I use it all the time. Have added NYC related comments and use them all the time..... Try it you'll like it...
John, Brooklyn NYC USA

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
jdelosa wrote:
FollowOnlyOne wrote:I was wondering if there can be additional comments types added to the script. The one I am thinking of today is one for when the user gets delayed and know it at a turn when it is restricted, but waze is tell them to turn. I see at least one a day in Los Angeles. I was thinking of some text like "Volunteer responding - Waze has the time restriction already set correctly. Waze predicted that you would have completed the turn before the time restriction but traffic delayed you. Please obey the rules on the sign. Unfortunately, In this situation, there is nothing wrong with the map that we can adjust to prevent issues with the app. Please report this to https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6276841"
Have you tried the custom comments add-on.... I use it all the time. Have added NYC related comments and use them all the time..... Try it you'll like it...
John, Brooklyn NYC USA

bz2012 wrote: "Thank YOU for all the WAZE you help!"
I hope you don't mind but I am going to add that to my custom comments.

Also going to check out the auto hot key script.

I have to Thank Rick again.... This script and the add-on custom comments are a God sent. I send over a 1000 comments a month. And they all start with one of my custom comments.

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
The custom comments script is not supposed to update on its own....

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Just as a reminder the custom comments script might have to be reloaded so save your custom comments if you have to do that....

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
That was a problem a while go and was resolved. Hope it has not come back.

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Unfortunately automated reply is something you have to take up with the powers that be. I'm sure the technology exist but I don't think the want to implement it.

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
I also add together comments, I do it but adding the lagging one copying it then selecting the leading one which replaces the first selected then pasting in the lagging comment

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
It's not recent for me.... I have been having this problem for at least a month

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message