Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby puk13 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Just adding one more emphatic vote for the ability to customize alerts. I drive commute on a major highway in alerts-only mode, and there are inevitably 2-6 cars stopped on the shoulder in each direction every day. I'm often listening to an audiobook, meaning I have to rewind 30 seconds every time this happens, which actually translates to a fair amount of lost time and a whole lot of annoyance every day. The highway has an enormous shoulder, and those cars have no impact on traffic. Would really really appreciate the ability to turn those off while still getting other alerts.

Thanks!
puk13

Postby rettops » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Do what I do - if it's not a hazard, click on 'Not There'. At least the next guy doesn't have to listen to the bogus alert until some idiot reports the parked car again.

I feel justified because that alert is in the 'Hazard' section. By clicking 'Not There' I'm saying that there is no hazard posed by a car parked 20 feet off the road (and yes, I've seen that reported).
rettops

Postby ROCNDAV » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 am

I voted. Hope it helps.
ROCNDAV

Choose which alerts get announced

Postby RomieUrHomie » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:18 pm

I searched all through the settings but only found the option under "sound" to announce "alerts only". But I'd like to go step further and choose which alerts get announced out loud. I mostly care about cops, definitely don't care about road kills or vehicles stopped on the shoulder. Thank you!
RomieUrHomie

Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!

Postby ryanburnett » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:37 pm

In the name of all this is holy can the Waze team PLEASE add a Sound option to:

• Disable the sound prompt: "Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!"

OR

• Disable all sound prompts except for: "Watch Out! Police Reported Ahead!"
I have my audio settings to "Alerts only" and it is so annoying to hear "Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!" every few minutes. The only audio alert I want to hear is about Police.

Please, please, please Waze team take a look a this request. Thank you.
ryanburnett

Postby ryanburnett » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Please add an option to disable the audio prompt "Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!"
ryanburnett

Postby s2000typeS » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:14 am

taco909 wrote:
wvuviv30 wrote:agree... I always click "Not There".

Please only do this if it truly is "not there" or is not a hazard (such as the truck parked 50ft to the side burning resting hours). I have to admit that I am often tempted just to slam "not there" on the 4th accident/police alert for the same location... but please wait until you are close enough to verify.

No, I won't wait! I"m sick of this! I drive in southern california 50 miles to work and get this damn alert 20-30 times a day. 99.99% of the time it's useless! Who the hell cares?! I don't drive on the shoulder. Until waze gets it's act together, every one of these is getting the "not there".

And, to the people who feel they have to report every dang thing...get a life!!
PLEASE!!

Thank the Lord we can now turn off vehicle on the shoulder alerts

PLEASE!!
s2000typeS

Postby s2000typeS » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:23 am

DwarfLord wrote:
I-Hate-Traffic wrote:Vehicle blocking shoulder? I'm not even sure what that means?

Blocking, as in occupying, as in obstructing, as in dangerously close to passing cars, as in were you to drift absentmindedly onto the shoulder you would hit it.

To me a vehicle that is occupying the shoulder less than a car's width from the solid white line is indeed a potential hazard. Not only because, if your attention is elsewhere, like fussing with some silly mapping app :lol:, you might drift slightly off the road and sideswipe or hit it; but also because such vehicles are often accompanied by people out of the car trying to fix a flat or get it on a tow truck or whatever.

So, I would say that things on the other side of the solid white line can indeed be hazards worth looking out for, if they're close enough.

But the nomenclature "vehicle stopped on shoulder" has led Wazers to report things wayyy on the other side of the white line that are not hazards, and now the warning is useless through overuse.

You obviously don't drive in SoCal. There is NO shoulder where you can have a car "more than a cars width" from to solid white line. Because of this, most of us have learned not to drift onto the shoulder....geez
PLEASE!!

PLEASE!!
s2000typeS

Postby s2000typeS » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Note: I tried to start a new thread regarding being able to turn off shoulder alerts. But the stormtroopers who govern this forum immediately locked it saying there is one thread to post this request. Not only is this the most heavily moderated forum I've ever been on, but it's also the hardest to read with all the 27 fonts, typefaces and similar color shading and everything else cluttering it up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, please don't lock this thread. By consolidating and locking threads related to this request, you are minimizing the communities general dislike of this report. The more Waze (and Google) see people commenting on this "almost" useless alert (the way the points horders like to report it), the more likely they are to let us turn it off.

My god, I am so sick of this alert and not being able to disable it! On my way to work here in Southern California I get this alert about 10-15 times in 50 miles. That's 20-30 a day!

I don't care if there is a vehicle on the shoulder! I'm 4 lanes over! I don't drive on the shoulder!!

If waze stopped giving points for this people wouldn't give this alert constantly. Every time it happens I have to take my eyes of the road to look at the phone. Then it blocks me seeing where I'm going!

Waze had this at the top of the list for an update to allow us to turn off the alert a YEAR AGO!!

There are tons of people on the forum who have expressed that they want to be able to turn it off.

PLEASE WAZE!! PLEASE GOOGLE!!!

Get you act together and let my turn off this useless stuff!

Please!!!
PLEASE!!

PLEASE!!
s2000typeS

Postby s2000typeS » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:10 am

Oh, to the Gods of Waze Design Features.

please at least explain why you have NOT allowed us to turn of vehicle on the shoulder alerts when it's probably the most common modification request you get.

There has to be a reason why you haven't done it. Please enlighten us.
PLEASE!!

PLEASE!!
s2000typeS

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests