The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Bodies of water?

Post by AggieJM
I'm assuming the large blue areas in the attached screenshot are bodies of water. If so, is there a way to edit the location of bodies of water in the map?

This particular location has no water on either side of the road. This doesn't display in Cartouche or Papyrus, but I do see it in the Live Map online.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3323561

Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by AggieJM on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AggieJM
Even with everything including landmarks turned on, I still don't see it. I originally assumed it was the area landmarks that went crazy, but you can see a difference in coloration between actual landmarks and the color on these sections.

This is my view from Papyrus:
celina_water.jpg
(50.71 KiB) Downloaded 4655 times
This is the view on the Live Map, which matches the client:
celina_water_live.jpg
(32.63 KiB) Downloaded 4659 times
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Yes, there are bodies of water which are part of a base layer of the map as CBenson wrote, which we do not have the ability to edit. Not only can we not remove things like this, we can't even get Waze to allow us to have river islands which show as land. Right now, any large islands on rivers on which there are roads and businesses, etc., all show as just water, so all the roads are on blue water and we can't currently do anything about it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CBenson
I believe that there are some bodies of water that came in with the tiger data for the US base map import. I haven't been able to make any edits to such features.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by dknight212
You may need to turn on the display landmarks.

David, using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message