Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

forum login troubles?

Post by cobra
I've been having trouble logging in to the forum off and on for the last couple days. The [login] link at the upper right of the web page takes me to the web page login, which accepts my username/password, but then when I enter the forum I don't appear to be logged in as me. I can't access pm's or look at my personal forum settings. I also can't see the 'view new posts' link that appears on the main page when I am logged in (that's my favorite, since you can read all the latest posts since last login.) If I post a message, I am asked to login again. Then I usually can see all the links.
cobra

POSTER_ID:4630

Send a message

Post by cobra
I use the 'Board index' link in the upper left all the time, but it does not show me logged in links and options afterwards (even after I have used the login in the upper right.) It was showing me a login in the upper right, and prompting me to input my username/pass in the upper right sometimes. That would work. But it is not doing that now. Now I get a login web page on the left side of the screen. Even after logging in that way, I cannot see the logged in options in the forum.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
Nope, no difference. I still had to log in a second time to post this. Although once I do the login while posting, it recognizes me. firefox(win xp) here also.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
Yeah, it's a little confused about logins.

There seem to be two sets of login behaviors. I've been doing what sketch mentioned and clicking on one of the bottom links like 'Administrators' which prompts for forum login. Even after doing that, I discovered that I do not get the option to 'quote' on other people's forum posts. Then if I login with the upper right corner login prompt, I discovered the 'quote' option becomes available...

It would be great if this could be looked into. I'm running firefox 3.5.2 on winxp in case it matters.
cobra
Send a message

Post by KW33D
I had the same problem until I found out that I can just press "Board Index" at the top left and then it realizes I should be logged in and I am automatically logged in.
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by KW33D
Hmmm, You may want to try the "delete all board cookies link" and start over.
(Link: http://www.waze.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies)

I use firefox and, although it doesn't show me as logged in when I first visit the board, all I do is click on Board Index and it shows me as logged in.
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by sketch
You have to log in to view user profiles, so I just click the "newest registered user" link at the bottom to force it to ask me to log in... I discovered it by accident, but it works!
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!