Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by GooberKing
Yes, but RIDOT came out with a new set of FC maps, so we're going to have to revalidate everything. It's on the to-do list!
GooberKing
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
http://gkstudios.net/RI_Sig.gif
State Manager of Rhode Island
RI Wiki | RI To Do List

Post by GooberKing
Even less if we get the MapRaiders to do it :D
GooberKing
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
http://gkstudios.net/RI_Sig.gif
State Manager of Rhode Island
RI Wiki | RI To Do List

Post by grsing
I've been working my way along the 95 corridor, updating the wiki. There will definitely need to be some level 5 love to finish out the state, and there should probably be a discussion about which "Other Freeways & Expressways" should be upgraded to freeway. Since "Other Expressways" and "Principal Arterials" are both classed as "Major Highway", and the RI map doesn't differentiate between "Other Freeways" and "Other Expressways", at this point there will be quite a few major, limited access highways (ie, freeways) that are the same classification as 2 or 4 lane roads with lots of lights, which I can only imagine will mess with the routing.
grsing
Send a message

Post by grsing
I put an extra section in the wiki at the bottom for unlock requests. I figure it'll be easier to get a big list of everything that needs to be done, and then ask for a level 5 to spend an hour knocking out all of them, rather than doing it in bits and pieces.

Also, given the rather imprecise nature of the RI FC map, there are definitely places where you have to take your best guess of which road is which. If somebody else is looking at a road I did and you think I picked the wrong one, feel free to change it to what you think is right.
grsing
Send a message

Post by grsing
Thanks, I meant to figure out how to do that yesterday but ran out of time.

Also, I just added a section of Major Highways that, at my first look, should be upgraded to Freeways. They're pretty much all locked at level 5 so I couldn't change them myself if I wanted to, but I wanted to put a list out for discussion and consensus among the RI editor community, then we can get a level 5 editor involved.
grsing
Send a message

Post by grsing
Given how ugly that earlier map was, those should definitely be useful. Maybe we could add a column for checking the changes against the new map, since the big stuff I would expect to be the same. That would also be a useful time to have a second set of eyes check.
grsing
Send a message

Post by MojaveCactusMonkey
Now that RI is complete in changing to FC standards, I would like to remind you that I can approve upgrades if needed for a section of road that RIDOT may have overlooked. Please do not change FC of these roads for any reason without checking with a State Manager for a quick review.

Also this serves as a public thank you to GooberKing for spearheading this intensive project, as well as others that helped. It is most appreciated and will help make navigation better throughout our state.
MojaveCactusMonkey
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signatures/cones-5-small.png
MENTOR / COUNTRY MANAGER - USA

Adding PLACES?
NV Forum. NV Wiki
RI Forum. RI Wiki
CT Forum. CT Wiki

Post by orbitc
We are undergoing a major overhaul of Road Types in USA. Please read dedicated forum and wiki related to this change.

In addition please visit RI state page for the FC here
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!