Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby s2000typeS » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:13 am

taco909 wrote:
s2000types wrote:Oh, to the Gods of Waze Design Features.

please at least explain why you have NOT allowed us to turn of vehicle on the shoulder alerts when it's probably the most common modification request you get.

There has to be a reason why you haven't done it. Please enlighten us.

The comment made (long ago) was that the goal was to keep the app as simple as possible to maintain safety given the app is designed to be used when driving.

While I understand and agree with that, this is not something that we're going to be toggling while driving. Like avoiding freeways and toll roads, it's going to be fire-and-forget for the majority of users.
It would not bother me one bit to have a 10 page configuration customization section (disabled while in motion if they are concerned)

Good points, but I'm a little confused. Are you for or against the ability to turn off Vehicle on the Shoulder Alerts?

(since the Waze developers don't seem to give a cr-p about this request as it's been two years since it was first mentioned, perhaps we should turn our efforts on the the obsessive dolts who feel the need to report this in order to gain points, and...for what again?)
PLEASE!!

Thank the Lord we can now turn off vehicle on the shoulder alerts

PLEASE!!
s2000typeS

Postby s2000typeS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:20 am

That's good. But, I don't have the audio up for anything anyway. So how to I get rid of the popup?
PLEASE!!

PLEASE!!
s2000typeS

Postby s2000typeS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:23 am

taco909 wrote:
BeThereRealSoon wrote:
electrosaur wrote:While we wait for Waze I've resorted to a crude hack that silences the vehicle-stopped-on-shoulder alert. If you have a ROM unlocked Android phone (may also need root but maybe not) then it may work for you as well. YMMV and standard disclaimers. Waze stores a mapping from the alert text phrase to the sound file for that alert in a sqlite3 database called tts.db. Find the name of the file and replace it with a 0 length file and you kill the audible portion of the alert. Deleting the file doesn't work: Waze resorts to "hazard on road ahead" instead. Of course this fix will only last until the next update or until you change the voice. if there's interest I'll post the gory details and magic incantations.

Sounds very interesting. I would be interested in the details.

Easier to just go to settings > Advanced > Data Transfer > <uncheck> Download Traffic Data.
No need to root your phone or unlock the ROM.

That completely silences and removes ALL alerts, but navigation works fine, and you will be rerouted around traffic.

Will I still get the colors for traffic density?
PLEASE!!

PLEASE!!
s2000typeS

Postby s2000typeS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:16 pm

luckycharms783 wrote:Yes, Yes, Yes OH MY GOD I can't stand all the stupid individual alerts. I WANT THEM OFF!!!

Pothole, vehicle stopped on shoulder every god damn mile!!!

All I care about are police and traffic.

Please give us the ability to turn off the alerts. It's even worse that you can remove them from the map but THEY STILL ALERT WHEN YOU DRIVE PAST!!!

Make sure you vote, and tell everyone you know, using the link in my signiture
PLEASE!!

PLEASE!!
s2000typeS

Postby ScottCMetzger » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Another request to turn off individual alerts. Or at the very least put the 'Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder' into the 'Hazard' category, and if you turn off 'Hazard' notifications you don't get it anymore.

What I would really like to do is be able to turn up the radio and only get the specific notifications I want. Otherwise Waze keeps chiming in ruining my vibe, I miss the first word or two of the notification and I wonder if it was something important.
ScottCMetzger

Postby seadaveLSU » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:08 pm

My solution is to simply click the "Not There" button as soon as the *&*$** warning appears. If I am not given the option of turning the obnoxious alert off, I will do everything I can to reduce the stupid thing for others.
seadaveLSU

Postby smithaf » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Bump this request. I'm really tired of being spammed with alerts about cars on the shoulder and red-light cameras.
smithaf

Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)

Postby sschluer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:18 pm

While driving down busy freeways, at least half the reports I get are of vehicles stopped on the shoulder. I really don't want to hear each one but I do want more important updates. It would be nice to be able to turn individual notifications on/off.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Mod Edit:
Go to this user voice link to add your votes to promote getting this feature added to the app.
Last edited by vince1612 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Added link to UserVoice form
sschluer

Postby SSV_ » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:23 pm

+1 To removing red light camera notifications.
I've disabled Speed Cameras and now Waze just blinks intersections, which is fine. The main issue (irritant) is that Waze mutes my music (Waze is connected over bluetooth) for 10 seconds each time it tries to report a red light camera. Since Speed Cams notifications are turned off, I have to listen to a complete silence each time I drive near red light cameras.
It might be a bug or a feature request.. After all, why would Waze playback 10 secs of complete silence over bluetooth when Speed Cam notifications are turned off.

I never really understood the motivation behind Red Light Cameras. What difference does that camera makes ? You can run the red light on others and not get caught but not the ones equipped with cameras ? Drivers have to obey red light no matter what.
SSV_

Specific Alerts

Postby Stainlesss » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:57 am

Please add the ability to select important alerts.
Car on the side of road,
fog,
pothole
These are not critical, and sound off too often.
Thanks
Stainlesss

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests