Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by BellHouse
Glodenox wrote:Hey, I maintain a script that adds other background maps (such as cadastral maps) as a new layer to the map.
Before we discuss any further on the details: are you 100% sure that you are creating overlays only of maps where it's explicitly allowed to freely copy content to commercial maps (as the Waze map)? If not, then this would be a no-go.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
TheLastTaterTot wrote:$('#WMETB_HelpDiv').css('overflow','') solves the problem, as well as $('#WMETB_HelpDiv').css('display','none'). In general, might I recommend using "display: none" rather than "visibility: hidden" and a negative z-index? If the goal is to simply tuck an element away on the page for when it's needed, "display: none" is less obtrusive.
Thanks for your analysis. I guess we should be able to fix your problem now. ;)

With which browser and OS are you having that issue?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
russblau wrote:Having problems with Places List. If used in an area with a large number of Places, it opens as shown in this image. Once this happens, the dialog cannot be closed or dismissed; it can only be gotten rid of by reloading or closing the browser tab.

This issue definitely seems to be related to the number of places defined in the editable area, since if I open the Places List in a less dense part of the map, it works fine. So, a possible fix might be simply to limit the number of places that the script tries to load into the pop-up. This is on Chrome 47, Windows 7. I tried it with all other extensions and scripts disabled, and had the same result.
I cannot duplicate this issue so far. I can produce place lists of 2500+ entries without any problem.

Can you supply a permalink of a location where this happens for you?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
russblau wrote:
BellHouse wrote:I cannot duplicate this issue so far. I can produce place lists of 2500+ entries without any problem.

Can you supply a permalink of a location where this happens for you?
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 974&zoom=6
Thanks, I could duplicate the issue at that position. The park place Greeley Square is causing the issue.

We'll track down what the problem exactly is. Please do not modify that place.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Toolbox 1.6.14 has been released for Chrome and Firefox:

Code: Select all

1.6.14 (20160208)
Update: Quick-fix to adopt to WME update (functionality unchanged)

1.6.12 - 1.6.13
release numbers skipped
This release brings no new functionality, we just adopted to the recent WME updates.

If you're wondering if you missed releases 1.6.12 and 1.6.13: The new Firefox extension signing system is giving us a hard time, we "wasted" two release numbers while learning how it works. We hope you'll get over it. :)

Beta WME also received some (other) updates, and we are aware some Toolbox stuff is broken in beta WME. We'll fix that later.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Fredo-p wrote:Still getting flags about the expressway abbreviation Expy.
Wrong thread, I suppose? :?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
I cannot duplicate the reported issues with both Toolbox and Color Highlights installed. Works fine for me. But I'll stay on it.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Yes, I now also see what you mean.

But I have the same issue if I run only Color highlights (CH) and JNF, so without Toolbox. So I think there is some issue in the interaction between CH and JNF (as also stated in the CH thread). I can't really see any connection to Toolbox.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
We devs are currently all low on time, but I promise we'll look into the layer issue asap. I'm very confident we'll get this done.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
voludu2 wrote:RE: Copy Segment Attributes

This is a very useful tool. Can "state" be one of the attributes copied?
According to the code, the state information should also be copied as soon as you tick "Country". I cannot try this as we have no states in my home country. Could someone test please?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message