These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxcombe
Davy_Ray wrote:
nad1927 wrote:How does one downgrade on an iPhone 5?
- no jailbreak necessary
- Open Itunes
- go to the apps stored locally on the PC
- find the waze icon
Thanks for the tip, although I just realized that I've never synced my iphone with my PC - only my iPad which doesn't have Waze. So unsurprisingly there's no Waze icon in Itunes :(

Is there any other way to get hold of version 3.9?
foxcombe
Send a message

Post by foxcombe
VinzR87 wrote:anyone: if you want to revert to v3.9 just download it from google and install it via iFunbox ;)
I've been searching for a 3.9.6 version but any legitimate links just take me to iTunes which has the latest version 4. Another member on this forum also sent me their backup copy of 3.9.6 but it won't install on my phone as it's registered to another iTunes account.

Have you got a link where I can get 3.9.6 from? Would really appreciate it.
foxcombe
Send a message

Post by foxcombe
chrysrobyn wrote:At this point, what's the best way to integrate Waze into my car's head unit? Appradio? On which unit? All the reviews I've read make it sound terrible. Any news on getting Apple to flex their rules and allow Carplay integration?

I've got the same criticism as everyone else regarding the night mode having too little contrast.

Two days ago, I started the app and it zoomed all the way out and wouldn't go back. I could see New York City on my screen, and it's 3 hours away. I had to double click, swipe up (force close) Waze to get it to relaunch and clear itself.
Using Waze with Appradio on a number of the Pioneer units worked just fine ... up until version 4 of Waze. Can't even get it to start up on the radio now :(
foxcombe
Send a message

Post by foxcombe
I think people need to highlight their issues with the new version in the App Store.

A declining star rating and poor reviews will be a lot more visible and have a better chance of prompting the Waze development team to take action.

I posted a review a couple days ago though, but it's not yet listed. Does make me wonder if there is some form of vetting to exclude low ratings?
foxcombe
Send a message

Post by foxcombe
lonememe wrote:
Anyone have a better way of downgrading/rolling back to 3.9 that doesn't involve having an older version in iTunes?

Thanks!
If you don't have your own backup of 3.9 then I'm afraid it seems very unlikely to be able to downgrade.

I've spent a fair amount of time looking into all options myself. There doesn't appear to be any place where you can download 3.9.6 and receiving a backup from someone else won't work as it is registered to their iTunes account. I have even tried editing the file to change the account (using plist editor) without any luck.

Seems a harsh reality that we're stuck with this awful version!
foxcombe
Send a message

Post by foxcombe
What is truly amazing is just how the Waze development team could fail to notice such obvious flaws with version 4. The poor choice of colors, the loss of clarity with tiny icons and indicators, the loss of integration with compatible car stereos. Did no-one really not notice any of that?

And what about the beta testers? Surely they must have picked up on these glaring problems? Did Waze ignore their feedback, or do they need to seriously look at broadening their tester base to get a true understanding of issues BEFORE they push out a new release? And the fact that Google actually owns Waze makes this even more incredulous. Their rock solid reputation for software development and UI obviously hasn’t rubbed off on the Waze crew.

It’s almost just as well that this is a free app, but in some ways I wish I could purchase it as it just might make the developers a little bit more accountable. However, we are not just users of this app but also contributors and that shouldn’t be taken for granted. It’s a 2 way street from which Waze/Google also benefits from us.

If it is such a bitter pill for Waze to swallow some pride and rollback to 3.9.6, could they at the very least, acknowledge the issues and give an ETA on a resolution?
foxcombe
Send a message

Post by foxcombe
crotalo wrote:
foxcombe wrote:
VinzR87 wrote:anyone: if you want to revert to v3.9 just download it from google and install it via iFunbox ;)
I've been searching for a 3.9.6 version but any legitimate links just take me to iTunes which has the latest version 4. Another member on this forum also sent me their backup copy of 3.9.6 but it won't install on my phone as it's registered to another iTunes account.

Have you got a link where I can get 3.9.6 from? Would really appreciate it.

Do you have a jailbroken iPhone?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
No, my iPhone isn't jailbroken. As much as I'd like to have Waze 3.9.6 I'm not sure if I'd take the risk of doing that.
foxcombe
Send a message

Post by foxcombe
Twinspark-UK wrote: I don't want to add to the justifiable complaints. Instead, as I was lucky enough to have the previous version, Waze v3.9.6 backed up, I've uploaded it here for anyone who needs it.

Waze 3.9.6 for iOS = LINK REMOVED
Thanks for your efforts.

Unfortunately an app that was downloaded on a different Apple ID won't work for anyone else. Having coerced it to install, it ends up prompting for an Apple ID and password, which isn't accepted as it's expecting your Apple ID and password.
foxcombe
Send a message
Last edited by iainhouse on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove quoted link that's been removed from original post

Post by foxcombe
foxcombe wrote:
chrysrobyn wrote:At this point, what's the best way to integrate Waze into my car's head unit? Appradio? On which unit? All the reviews I've read make it sound terrible. Any news on getting Apple to flex their rules and allow Carplay integration?

I've got the same criticism as everyone else regarding the night mode having too little contrast.

Two days ago, I started the app and it zoomed all the way out and wouldn't go back. I could see New York City on my screen, and it's 3 hours away. I had to double click, swipe up (force close) Waze to get it to relaunch and clear itself.
Using Waze with Appradio on a number of the Pioneer units worked just fine ... up until version 4 of Waze. Can't even get it to start up on the radio now :(
I thought I'd better give an update on this. I'm glad to say that Waze v4 is now displaying on my Pioneer unit (AVIC-F70DAB) - reason was a faulty HDMI cable. I had previously experienced a few instances where the screen would flicker on the Pioneer screen which would clear up itself when using Waze v3, but somehow it didn't work at all with v4.

When I took the radio out I noticed that it was a very cheap HDMI cable that the installer had used so I switched it over to a better quality one and Waze is all up and running on the unit again. Can it be that Waze v4 put a higher demand on the HDMI throughput that the low quality cable just couldn't handle?

Anyway, that was my major one issue with v4, so I'm glad I can at least use it once again and will just have to put up with the v4 UI issues. Although one noticeable quirk in the Pioneer interface for v4 is that when selecting a destination only the top one is displayed and scrolling down doesn't work for that particular function (as highlighted in Tjernagel's video viewtopic.php?p=1233839#p1233839). Workaround is to "search" for the destination.
foxcombe
Send a message

Post by ftballpack
I am having some real issues with waze 4.0, my iphone 5 running iOS 8.4 and my sony cd deck. Before when using bluetooth, I would simply just set the car stereo on "bluetooth audio" and waze worked through my car speakers. It worked fantastically.

Now, the car audio constantly wants to keep switching between inputs when waze wants to use the car speakers. It causes the sony cd deck to make a clicking noise through the speakers, which it does when it changes inputs, and then again makes this same clicking sound when it changes back to the previous input, when waze gets done giving directions through the car audio.

This also creates a lag where I am often unable to hear the beginning part of the directions.

I much preferred the previous method of just having waze cut into the "bluetooth audio" setting. No lag, no annoying constant beeping sounds, and it would simply silence pandora.

This is so annoying to me, I will probably revert back to the previous version of the app.
ftballpack
Send a message