These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kennyt2020
Guys, I really need help. waze 4.0 unusable in iphone 4. when drag around it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lag.

Is that any way i can change back to waze 3.0++?

I really need help for this
kennyt2020
Send a message

Post by KeyPee58
The new look and feel is good but WHY DID YOU TAKE OUT THE OPTION TO VIEW REPORTS AROUND YOU !!! That is so stupid to take out, it is very useful when planning you route ..... This actually have now made me look for alternative solutions to WAZE and I will most likely stop using was if it is not coming back ..

WHY WHY WHY, it was a stupid move !
KeyPee58
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
iPhone 6+
iOS v9.1 (13B143)
Waze 4.0.0.3

The problem has been around for a few versions, so I doubt many people are experiencing it... But any suggestions on what I can do to make things work are appreciated!

I have my home and work locations set in Waze. I see the little Home and Briefcase icons at the correct spots.

When I go to the navigate screen, I see "Home Tap to add" and "Work Tap to add".

When I tap to add, I see the correct locations.

One thing that MIGHT be a factor... My work location doesn't have a street address. It's a Places point.

My home location... It's on a corner, with the driveway on another street. To get correct routing, the home address was deleted from Waze, so it looks to Google for the location.

At one point, both home and work destinations worked at it is. But something changed. I only mention the details in case it's a factor.
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
krikketdoug wrote:I have my home and work locations set in Waze. I see the little Home and Briefcase icons at the correct spots.

When I go to the navigate screen, I see "Home Tap to add" and "Work Tap to add".

When I tap to add, I see the correct locations.
For some reason it just started working. After appearing and disappearing a couple of times...
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
jokizwo wrote:Auto zoom by distance does not work at all.

How do you get the "time to leave" reminders work?! I can see my calendar entries in the destination list and they all have location info. But never had a reminder. What is meant by location reporting in the calendar menu?!

Has anyone a screenshot of these reminders?

thanks guys!
Reminders, in my experience, are delivered just after 9pm the night before, then one about 10 minutes before it's time to leave the location you are currently at. Which is why location services need to be enabled.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
EricHyMeow wrote:I cannot find the "Navigate to a gas station" option that the older version had.
Just touch the search field in the navigation list, the blue Waze icon at the bottom left. That should bring up gas station/favorites selection.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
Reports on other side is a numbers thing. Waze developers looked at the numbers, and there was a very small percentage of users reporting hazards on other side. Not enough, they felt, to warrant keeping that feature. We convinced them to bring back the ability to report Police and Accidents on other side. But that's all. And from looking at the posting counts from those people here having the biggest issue with not having that feature, I would have to agree with the numbers. I would suggest that users head over to this page and take appropriate action.

Personally, I feel it's also a safety issue. In that drivers should not be overly concerned with reporting things on the other side of the road.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
dockpilot wrote:So I'm driving into work tonight ( have to leave it in day mode to see the map at all since night colors are even worse then the daytime ones, anyway I see these tiny report dots. No idea what they are while driving.
4.0 = backwards progression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you, and others, drive with it zoomed so far out? I can see all the hazard reports I need to just by moving around on the map. And why don't you, and others, use the app for it's intended purpose? It's designed to find the fastest route given the current traffic data. It already chooses the fastest route. You don't have to. It shows you the hazards on your route.
Waze is a social app. You can "see" your friends when going to same location and alert them regarding your ETA. If you don't use it for navigation, it defeats the purpose of the app. Any second rate map app can show you your location as you drive around. Waze does more!

Please. All you people that don't use the navigation. Enlighten us. What is the benefit of not using the app as designed? So you can see a pothole report 250 miles away?

This is all I need to see. (the yellow triangle is just raw GPS position)
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by KuniaKid
imginger wrote:As noted everywhere, I can't report happenings in the other side of the road - like accidents that haven't been reported yet - and might be really useful for my fellow wazers so they don't get stuck in 5 miles of backups.
Two things here. One, you can report accidents on other side. And police traps. And two, hazard reports aren't announced until a half mile from location. So fellow Wazers wouldn't even know about it until too late. If there was 5 miles of backups, Waze would have routed around. Provided, of course, fellow Wazers are utilizing navigation. There's no need to go searching for traffic and hazards to avoid. Waze already did that.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
cl1ffjumper wrote: 3) Where is the "end navigation" button? It's not intuitively placed like in the previous version. I can not find a way to disable navigation after I start it!!
IMG_1785.jpg
(30.77 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
cl1ffjumper wrote:4) TOO MUCH TEXT ON SCREEN. CAN'T SEE MAP.
One of the major reasons I used Waze is that it actually took advantage of a phone being mounted vertically and used the screen display for maximum "look forward" capability. Now that's gone and replaced with a MASSIVE and useless block of text at the top, blocking the map. Get rid of this. Return the map to being a map.

ALERT BUTTON BLOCKS THE MAP. Move it lower. We don't need that "person" button so prominently. No one needs to chat via text while driving. Move it to a submenu. Move the Alert button to that corner.

Also - you could take advantage of the lower screen. Make the buttons translucent, so we still see the map under them. MAP IS MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE.

THE.
MOST.
IMPORTANT.
FEATURE.

MAP.

Keep this straight.
Have you read all the posts about hazard icons being too small? Your pointing out of the importance of map display goes against all those who want those hazard icons big and taking up precious space. :? :roll:

btw, I agree that map space is important. So does Waze. One major reason those icons are small when map is zoomed out.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message