These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mlydy
I'm ready to completely dump this version. I have been a Waze advocate for years but this release is flat out garage to me. I'm finding now that I cannot get the app to do any kind of routing for a trip longer than 3 hours. It just continues to say "no route found." Add to that the lack of ability to mark hazards on the other side of the road. (That should be there for all hazards IMO). Inconsistent map zooming, terrible night view. I really cannot find anything positive to say about this new version. My wife also hates this version. I'm sad to say it might be time to find a new mapping solution. The only new feature I really like is identifying the road I'm currently on.
mlydy
Send a message

Post by Moogsmith
Add me to the list of people who don't like the following changes:
  • Alert icons almost invisible on the road due to contrast and size, especially at speed.
  • Removal of "other side" options for hazard reporting
  • The change to automatic navigation (work/home) sequence
  • Night mode color scheme
  • Landscape mode layout (car is too centered)
Also, it seems like police alerts are happening much closer than they used to. That combined with the near invisible dot for the alert make that functionality almost useless, and it's the chief advantage Waze offers over other GPS for me.

I'd like to request the following new options be added:
  • Customizable distance for different types of alerts (e.g., 2 miles away for police, .5 mile for car on shoulder, 1 mile for object on road...)
  • Ability to turn off voice alerts for certain types of alerts
  • Addition of speed limits to the app. Ability to confirm or report incorrect.
Moogsmith
Send a message

Post by mrbeal
KuniaKid wrote:
imginger wrote:As noted everywhere, I can't report happenings in the other side of the road - like accidents that haven't been reported yet - and might be really useful for my fellow wazers so they don't get stuck in 5 miles of backups.
Two things here. One, you can report accidents on other side. And police traps. And two, hazard reports aren't announced until a half mile from location. So fellow Wazers wouldn't even know about it until too late. If there was 5 miles of backups, Waze would have routed around. Provided, of course, fellow Wazers are utilizing navigation. There's no need to go searching for traffic and hazards to avoid. Waze already did that.
Can you elaborate? Since the newest update I cannot report incidents on the "other side" either. The format is changed and, if it is there, I can't seem to find it.
mrbeal
Send a message

Post by mschroebel
I went back to google maps. Got this update when I updated my phone. Where is the traffic data. And if I wanted to know where I am right now, this is a great app. If I want to see where I am going, this stinks. Directed me to a closure of two lanes of a three lane freeway. Isn't that what this is supposed to help us avoid?
mschroebel
Send a message

Post by mschroebel
How do I roll back this forced update and get back to what was once a useful app?
mschroebel
Send a message

Post by mschroebel
What is the purpose of this thread? Do Waze folks read it? I'm ready to delete the Waze app from my Iphone 4s because this update made it totally useless. No traffic speed data, can't see alerts since they're the size of a period and I'm 2 feet way driving, sends me to closed roads with accidents, what the? The whole point of this app is to avoid traffic jams. If this is just the place to complain and no one is working to fix things, think the remove app is the best plan. Don't expect a response, and when I check tomorrow, I'll just say Asta La Vista Baby.
mschroebel
Send a message

Post by mschroebel
Heading over to Open Street Map. They have an app and it's community driven as well. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/openmap ... 19250?mt=8
mschroebel
Send a message

Post by mschroebel
vince1612 wrote:
mschroebel wrote:What is the purpose of this thread? Do Waze folks read it?
At least we know you don't read it... (post from just 2 pages back)
This is a 32 page long thread. How would one find something in it? Oh, millions of people should wade through all of the quagmire here and figure something out? Moderators should post something at the top about whether they're going to fix waze or just waste our time. Who would promote a product that has a support forum managed by no-one at the company? Was good for a few months but Hasta la vista.
mschroebel
Send a message

Post by mschroebel
vince1612 wrote:
mschroebel wrote:What is the purpose of this thread? Do Waze folks read it?
At least we know you don't read it... (post from just 2 pages back)
In fact, I did read your post. That was the reason I wrote mine. Non support community. People that aren't connected provide support? How would they know what the was happening at Waze? This product is broken. Yet we just chat.
mschroebel
Send a message

Post by MTBSpeedy
iPhone 6+ portrait view user here. I really like the graphics and interface on the new version.
I don't care for the following though.
  • Alerts are too small
    Missing option to report hazards for opposite direction
    Night mode needs a bit more contrast
Otherwise, I like it.
MTBSpeedy
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message