These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
miro263
Send a message

Post by Miro_Ke
I'm not sure if there's anyone representing Waze reading this, considering no fix/update has been released so far, but I can also confirm:
- huge battery drain - 3-3,5 hour drive took my HTC 8X from 100% to 0% while constantly charging with my 1A charger...
- Facebook connection doesn't work (even though you can use a workaround and connect to FB if you install Waze on Android/iOS using your credentials. Then your friends become visible in Windows Phone as well
- not possible to join groups (the workaround above can be used though)
- not possible to edit gas prices
- there are problems with the emailed "share my drive" link, however removing http:// and retyping the link manually seems to help, strange...
Miro_Ke
Send a message

Post by mirociz
Same probleme on lumia 650 on windows phone 10

the application closes after 2 or 3 seconds
mirociz
Send a message

Post by mistermerlin
Lumia Icon (AKA 929) on VZW - Biggest annoyance is no option to play voice guidance through Bluetooth to GMC Acadia. Also find that it freaks out and places me on other roads while in parking lots, therefore it can't tell me where to go from where I am at.
mistermerlin
Send a message

Post by mkaminski100
Waze stopped working on the latest WM 10 preview. App starts up for 2-3 second and then goes back to Windows.
I tried resetting and reinstalling with no result.
Is this bug known and being investigated or is Windows version not developed any more?
mkaminski100
Send a message

Post by mkaminski100
Thank you.
Is that related with takeover by Google and fact that Google are not interested in development of any apps for windows?
mkaminski100
Send a message

Post by mkaminski100
I don't know how many users run Windows phone, but if this is common problem, with imminent roll-out of WM10, this (probably small) community will leave Waze.
It's obvious that you can't stretch resources, but maybe this is an option:
https://dev.windows.com/en-us/bridges/android
https://dev.windows.com/en-us/bridges/ios
mkaminski100
Send a message

Post by mkriukov
Since google are so not user friendly - anyone recommend an app similar to Waze? It's about community and not about google/vs/Microsoft fight. such a shame that from a great product waze we have something that barely works on mobile device.
mkriukov
Send a message

Post by mkriukov
oh well.. I saw that support stopped... so my question is - anyone knows a good "waze type" app with windows phone support?
mkriukov
Send a message

Post by mmstrz
josefec wrote:
leogodoy1980 wrote:Thi, on "When will we get an updated version for Windows Phone":

Really sad. This is how it looks when Google “is not evil”. This was one of the great apps that helped to put Windows Phone on par with the other platforms. And now it’s dead.
It's amazing how petty Google can be. I understand that its a competing platform, but Microsoft has excellent apps (Office, OneDrive, Skype) on both Android and iOS.

This reminds me of that Youtube app debacle. Windows Phone still doesn't have a proper YouTube app because Google refuses to make one, and won't let Microsoft make one themselves.

I own all three platforms in multiple devices. I would like to have a seamless experience across all of them, but right now only Microsoft's apps are identical across the board.
mmstrz
Send a message