Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
الكويت

KUWAIT MAPS

Post by vijoyal
Hi is there anybody using Kuwait Maps? Problem is that majority of the POI's or roads are not marked. I am trying to chart new roads whenever possible. Please join to develope the Kuwait Map. Thanks
vijoyal

POSTER_ID:3618725

Send a message

Post by ab83
Hey there. I've noticed that a lot of the missing roads are in the southern part of the country. Waze needs A LOT more users from Kuwait, but that's not difficult to achieve. New stuff traves fast between young people here.

It's my first day using waze, so I'm still not familiar with everything. I'm having difficulty assigning an address to my Home and Work. It would have been easier if I could use current location for instance instead of searching for an address?

I was also checking the live map of Kuwait on the computer, but it's bad.. a lot of the roads are INSIDE the sea? Also the video tutorial showed that you can draw/fix/name roads on your computer, but cannot find such tools.
ab83
Send a message

Post by world_yx0a49s6
We need to add Mosques in the Categories list
world_yx0a49s6
Send a message

Post by zbdhshshs
Hello vijoyal & ab83 =)

I just recently really started to tinker with Waze. Your both right, the roads are a mess, and a lot more wazers are needed. Since your posts however, Im sure the community has grown. I think in order for more users to adopt waze in our region a lot of work has to be done by our local community to fix and update the maps here.

Currently Im updating practically everything I drive through these days.

As for the tools, since were in Kuwait we have to use the "World" server, when your waze client asks choose world.

To edit the maps visit: https://world.waze.com/editor/
Notice the user guide button on the middle left, you cant miss it.. its huge, make sure you watch all the videos. Not doing so, will probably result in more horrible map edits.

As you start off you can only edit within a 1 mile radius of your drive routes, but thats good enough, trust me =)

If you get stuck with anything let me know, and I'll try to help out. (If something is locked for example, but you need to edit it. I might be able to unlock or edit that part for you)

I hope you havent given up on Waze yet.
zbdhshshs
Send a message