Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby steinauf85 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:28 pm

this thread is 2 years old. Instead of locking duplicate threads complaining about the issue, why doesn't Waze just fix the issue?
steinauf85

Re: Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)

Postby stig17 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:09 am

This seems like a really easy fix. Not sure why this still hasn't been implemented...
stig17

Postby Stoliv » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Please, for the love of all that is holy, allow us to turn off "vehicle on shoulder" warnings. This is almost as bad as "rain ahead" warnings in Florida in the summer...
Stoliv

Postby stvdilln » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:22 pm

+1
I drive 75 miles a day on 4 lane interstate, I'm in lane 3 (HOV is leftmost, i'm next to it). I could care less about vehicle stopped on shoulder, which I get several times in each direction.

AND I'd like an alert for traffic slowdown ahead. I pass an Exit, go over a hill and traffic is all backed up. I look down at the phone and yup, lots of slow traffic icons are showing. I can easily bypass traffic by exiting and taking a surface street for a mile or 2.

I'm going back to google maps for awhile, "watchout vehicle stopped on shoulder" is much louder than my audio books and what Jack Ryan is up to is much more interesting.
stvdilln

Postby sublimed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:11 pm

I agree 100% with this request

Every time it rains, I get an alert every .25 miles saying "Warning: Rain reported ahead" - same with fog or any weather for that matter. Obviously it's been raining all morning, and people just feel they want to get their internet points. Very frustrating to have my music interrupted so frequently to hear that it is still raining.
sublimed

Postby taco909 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:16 pm

A separate bug, but related to this is the "broken" handling of Bluetooth.
I have my phone attached to my stereo for the phone, occasionally for music.
I have Waze set to use the internal speaker.
The internal speaker is quiet, so I have volume all the way up.

When I'm on a phone call, Samantha BLASTS in over the stereo, interrupting the phone call.
I don't even bother trying to listen to my music library if I'm running Waze.

The alerts wouldn't bother me so much if Waze would use the speaker only (as it is configured to do), but it is ignoring this setting if the BT connection is active.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:I often hear requests to separate some of these alerts. I have agreed with korz idea to enable a fourth audio alert option for certain reports.

I have added these ideas to our tracking sheet for a 4th audio alert type along with a secondary proposal to enable user control what is in that category. This has been on the list for a long time as item #20, which is not a reflection of its priority or order.

Please add a 5th and 6th option to that:
Sound on
Alerts only
Sound off
Configurable alerts only
*Configurable alerts with Navigation
*Navigation only

Or work with staff to make sure that navigation is included in the options to add to the configurable alerts.

Waze is primarily a routing app, and the routing server takes into account the travel time impacts of the alerts. If I'm wanting to navigate an unfamiliar area, I want the voice commands, but I don't want the added confusion of the alerts unless they can be limited to major accidents and closures.
I would NEVER run "alerts only" or configurable alerts only.

Here's an example of the flood of alerts that is quite typical in the Los Angeles area, and these make using the bluetooth connection for music a completely unenjoyable experience:

2014_11_24_16.07.12.jpg
(24.25 KiB) Downloaded 1118 times
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:31 pm

BTW: None of those accidents were there, but I have not received a pop-up allowing "not there" since 3.9.0.0
Compounding the problem is I'm seeing "Minor Accident" reported by Waze or CHP and they can be 8+ hours old.
These are more annoying than the vehicle on shoulder, and as an editor, I am getting URs reporting these.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:59 am

stoliv wrote:Please, for the love of all that is holy, allow us to turn off "vehicle on shoulder" warnings. This is almost as bad as "rain ahead" warnings in Florida in the summer...

Rain is gone in 3.9.2.0
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:30 pm

ThomasPfau wrote:Another voice for the chorus. I don't mind the vehicle on shoulder alerts but what bothers me is the rain alerts. I can see it's raining. I don't need to be told about it every two minutes. Each alert type should be configurable for how you want to be notified.

Since "rain" is gone in 3.9.2.0, these are coming from users who have not upgraded or who are on platforms that has not yet been updated.

Honestly... I "Not-there"d every one of them on the way home last night.
Yes, it was pouring. Yes, everyone south of Fresno knew it. Yes, I was sick of hearing it.

A nice touch on alert configuration would be if the user can define how frequently a specific type of alert is announced. Ever since Waze's "combination" protocol broke with 3.9.0.0, I'll get three and four announcements in rapid-fire succession for the same accident (that was cleared an hour earlier and I can't "not there" them because accidents no longer produce a visible alert tab, just the audible)

And of course, since there are generally police working accidents... Yes. Last night, I got FOUR alerts alternating between accident and police (total of 8 alerts rapid-fire)... and of course they were not there, but I was only able to "not there" the last police report.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests