These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by pauldsharpe
I agree with most of the issues discovered in this new update with the addition of the auto zoom feature not working at all.
pauldsharpe
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by pdickau
pauldsharpe wrote:I agree with most of the issues discovered in this new update with the addition of the auto zoom feature not working at all.
Just another vote for autozoom not working at all with iOS 9.1.
pdickau
Send a message

Post by phil-mtl
Hi. I overall enjoy the new app, but two things bother me.
  • The new night mode color scheme is not an improvement. The gray clashes with the other colors in a way that makes everything hard to see. I feel like the old night color scheme was a lot easier on the eyes.
  • The map just feels way too small on my iPhone6 at max zoom (ie while driving on the highway). I can barely see reports and traffic.
Thanks!
phil-mtl
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c6s.png
Local Champ - Canada
Based in Montreal, Quebec

Post by Phill87
I like the look of version 4, however agree the functionality and visibility needs sorting soon!

I tried reporting a closure earlier,

On the Left was where I was, and on the right was what happened :(
Closures.jpg
(39.53 KiB) Downloaded 886 times
I was unable to zoom in. so I felt a bit useless as I couldn't decide which arrow to pick.
While I'm at it Is there a way to adjust the Auto Zoom levels, so at 70mph ish I can still see the roads around?
Phill87
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
Phill87

iPhone 12 • iOS 15.3.1 • Waze 4.84.0.1
Traveling around Sussex, Surrey & Occasionally Kent.

Post by Phill87
tonymoco wrote:I want to add my vote for restoring the "my/other side" button for all road conditions reporting -- especially hazards and traffic jams. It's a great feature and can be very extremely helpful in areas where there are not a lot Wazers around.
Agree need this option back... plus maybe it would be good to factor in a report for 'both ways' while we're at it :).
Phill87
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
Phill87

iPhone 12 • iOS 15.3.1 • Waze 4.84.0.1
Traveling around Sussex, Surrey & Occasionally Kent.

Post by pistarinodj
Here "time to leave" alerts are not working. I understand I have to enable "location reporting" under general settings. Unfortunately this option is missing on my Waze app. iOs 9.0.2, Waze 4.0, from Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pistarinodj
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by pistarinodj
jokizwo wrote:
KuniaKid wrote:
jokizwo wrote:Auto zoom by distance does not work at all.

How do you get the "time to leave" reminders work?! I can see my calendar entries in the destination list and they all have location info. But never had a reminder. What is meant by location reporting in the calendar menu?!

Has anyone a screenshot of these reminders?

thanks guys!
Reminders, in my experience, are delivered just after 9pm the night before, then one about 10 minutes before it's time to leave the location you are currently at. Which is why location services need to be enabled.
Interesting. What could be the reason when it is not working? By location services you mean the iPhone settings, no?
Does it work with iPhone calendar events?

Because I have everything enabled and never got a reminder.

You should find an option under general settings of waze named "Location reporting".

[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/22 ... 4456c6.jpg[/img]

I wrote "should" since I don't have it and Time to leave reminders do not work.

pistarinodj
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Pizuz
I like the new design, especially the thick violet driving track (dunno how to call that line you have to follow). However, this comes with a negative side-effect:

Because this line is thicker than the road you drive on, it is now impossible to determine the road type you are driving on. In normal operation this is okay, but when using the map editor color scheme you probably want to see that color code.

There would be a quick and easy fix for this:

Simply give the user an option to make the driving line semi-transparent. The normal user won't care, but active map editors driving through rural towns with unclear eoad status (like me) will be grateful. At least I would.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by Pizuz
TheBigShmoo wrote:4) It's tracking my location while I'm not using it. This is a deal breaker I'm going to delete waze if this one isn't fixed. I really don't want Google tracking my every move at times when I'm not using your app.
Since when is that news? Waze has been collecting segment speeds in the background for as long as I can remember. If you want to prevent Waze from doing that (and save battery life), put it to sleep, problem solved.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by Pizuz
AustinBaze wrote:
IMG_8280.jpg
You might wanna try zooming in from what I can tell.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen