Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sgtgary
Had a real quirky experience with in-app messages today. Message popped up and I clicked to read but the light changed so I tapped to shrink it again. When I tried to open it again, the screen greyed but never opened. Repeated several times, including app restart but could never open the message from the main screen.

Went into the message section and I could read both messages but there is no way to reply? Is that a new feature or has that always been the case? So basically I have no way to reply to the user within app
sgtgary
Send a message
Nebraska State Manager
US Plains Editor
Twitter: @sgtgary

Post by SheilaRuthMeow
TheBigShmoo wrote:Terrible update. A triumph of design over function. Many of the "improvements" require increased driver attention making them dangerous - I predict a class action the fist time somebody has an accident while trying to use this piece of junk.
Agreed! This is my biggest problem with the update. They've made the interface slicker and fancier but far more dangerous because it requires more attention to figure out what to do on the screen. Fonts too small, contrast too low, and the stupid animations (bubbles popping up for the alert types!) not only take longer than just bringing the information up on the screen, but are distracting when driving.
SheilaRuthMeow
Send a message

Post by SilverHawk147
I downloaded 4.01 to my iPhone 6s Plus. It has me logged in as a baby waze. It says I'm not registered it has my old travel info from 2+ years ago. Plus where are all the reports. Will be on the road with waze Tuesday if this gets fixed.
SilverHawk147
Send a message

Post by SilverHawk147
It didn't let me login when I updated waze. Only to register as new user
SilverHawk147
Send a message

Post by SilverHawk147
Pizuz wrote:Did you try logging off and on again?
Never got to login. Still wants me to register new user
SilverHawk147
Send a message

Post by SilverHawk147
Finally let me logout. Where are the traffick reports?
SilverHawk147
Send a message

Post by ssaints123
Hello,

I have two suggestions (which may have been covered in other threads):

First can you stop giving me warnings about "disabled vehicle on the side of road". Unless the car is obstructing traffic, I don't need to know about it (the warning is just a distraction).

Second, can you enable me to post a warning about an accident/cops etc.. that I have already passed? If I have to drive a mile or so before I can safely pull over to access my Waze account, the location of the obstruction will be inaccurate. But if I can report the incident and choose where on the screen it should be placed, it would increase the accuracy of your app.

Thanks
ssaints123
Send a message

Post by StealthG
Hi All, this is my first post, as it looks like it is for many others who have also lost confidence in this app. Generally things I have not liked in previous updated were preferential and not functional losses. This update is quite a step back, which has prompted my feedback. The only true value add over other maps is user reported info. The richness of the info, easy of use, and accuracy are all eroded in the update.

1. Map info is not showing. Map chats and police reports do not show on my map at all. When I add a map chat, I will see others flash up for a second and then vanish. I am going 5-10 mph into Boston so there is plenty of time for these to be seen. I am not sure wazers can or should trust the app at this point. Clearly a major issue.

2. As others have stated, we are no longer able to add alerts for the other side of the road. Major set back. Wazer approaching a hazard behind a turn will not report the hazard in time. By the time they see it, they are far past it. Other lane reports can report the exact location before they get to that same turn.

3. Why am I not able to see what side a report is reported? This is crucial. Throughout my commute, I scroll ahead while waiting in traffic to follow routes I could potentially take into the city. Scrolling ahead used to give me an idea as to how things would be shaping up ahead of my commute. For example, if there is a cop ahead in the HOV, I can be sure traffic will quickly build on that route due to rubber neckers, even if there is no traffic now. Not being able to see what side something is reported on and scrolling ahead to see Zero alerts (issue #1 above) have really taken away any advantage this app once had over other map apps.

4. For some reason the app is overly sensitive to network connection. Full bars, 5 miles north of boston, with full LTE and waze is telling me there is no connection. Riiiiight. Makes me wonder if waze committed to police by having "blackout" zones. I took some screenshots if anyone is interested.

Please waze/google. Use your resources to quickly fix this. With the main competitive advantages non-operational, I can only assume people will give up on the app all together which hurts those who stay.
StealthG
Send a message

Post by Straight-Six-D
This is by far the worst "upgrade" I've seen on Waze. For someone like me with a mild red/green colour perception problem, it's made the new app worse than useless. It's made it lethally unsafe to use. I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before someone has a serious accident trying to read those pathetically useless traffic notification icons.

I don't want to add to the justifiable complaints. Instead, as I was lucky enough to have the previous version, Waze v3.9.6 backed up, I've uploaded it here for anyone who needs it. [sorry, I've deleted the link as it only works on my Apple ID. See below in thread]

Waze 3.9.6 for iOS = https:/

Here's a recent screenshot of the last, great Waze (version 3.9.6) showing how useful, properly designed traffic icons are - and taken in London and Paris. You only have to compare it to the current version's warning icons to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the new version is not fit for use as a traffic warning app.

http://i68.tinypic.com/166cc5e.jpg

I also meant to add, this should be a useful reminder to never, ever, ever, ever upgrade to a new version of Waze before checking on feedback from its early adopters :)
Straight-Six-D
Send a message
Last edited by Straight-Six-D on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Straight-Six-D
Very easy to re-install the older version. I followed the instructions here:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/07/reve ... tunes.html

The main thing is to ensure that the current version's been completely deleted from your Mac/PC.
Straight-Six-D
Send a message