Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by BellHouse
iainhouse wrote:With only Toolbox 1.7.1 and no other scripts enabled, I am experiencing strange behaviour when creating a new segment.

If the segment is isolated there is no problem. If I connect the new segment to an existing segment (whether at by it's beginning or end), I get the following happen when I double-click to terminate the new segment:
  • The cursor remains as a circle (indicating segment drawing). If I click again, a thin blue line appears as if I'm still drawing a segment. Double-clicking again apparently terminates the new segment but doesn't create it. And I'm still stuck in segment-drawing mode, so another click continues the segment draw. ESC also won't quite segment-drawing mode
    That might make more sense with the picture below. :)
  • Whilst apparently continuing to extend the segment, I can't join the end to another, existing segment.
  • The original segment appears (up to the first double-click), but with apparently all turns disabled, plus all turns at either end of the segment I've joined to disabled as well
  • The save counter doesn't increase and I can't, therefore save.
I was able to duplicate this issue with absolutely no enabled extensions (so without Toolbox, too). So this - again - seems to be a general WME bug not linked to Toolbox.

I have posted a bug report (WME beta forum, restricted access).
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:Every time, I click Q on a U-Turn icon, WME immediately throws "An error occurred while saving". Thanks for looking into this! I have both Toolbox and JNF installed with latest versions.
Yup, bug isolated. Will be fixed in next release.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Mikk36 wrote:For some reason Toolbox is now graying out the turn arrows for me.
It seems WME has now learned to always set the turn arrows to be selectable upon startup (as long as no script interferes). Therefore, there is no longer the need for Toolbox to force the arrows as selectable.

Since at least one Tb user has stated that he prefers to have the arrows transparent (= non-selectable) upon startup, we will turn this feature around (thus allowing users to force the arrows to be transparent upon startup).
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Toolbox 1.7.2 is released for Chrome and Firefox:

Code: Select all

1.7.2  (20170111)
New: Added FP PM links to map comments (#364)
New: Added warning message when a second instance of Tb is (accidentally) launched at the same time (#301)
Fix: Pressing Q on node with enabled u-turn no longer causes save error (#362)
Update: Reversed the "ForceArrows" functionality: now allow users to force the arrows to be transparent upon startup (#363)
Update: Added FP closure link for New Zealand (#365)
Update: Removed the hook on the W key on internal JNF
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
PHIL-IP63 wrote: Firefox 50.1.0 refuse to install TB because TB module is not signed (no problem with install of the last beta of TB)
My mistake, I shouldn't release anything before the second cup of coffee. ;) Should be fixed now. You might have to re-install the extension.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Dark_Hunter wrote:Thanks for getting our country added to the list but it's not sending to the correct thread. Correct thread is: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=52883
I just tested, and it worked fine for me. I successfully created this test entry via Toolbox.

The thread you listed above is the one I registered for New Zealand. Maybe Toolbox had not recognized the correct country? This sometimes happens close to borders.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
OldDentsideFordLover wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled TB and I'm still getting an error while saving after Q and W are used.
Do you have standalone JNF enabled? If not, can you please send a permalink of a node where this happens.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
With Tb 1.7.2, L5+ users might experience that their turn arrows are always transparent on startup. You then need to set the corresponding option off in Tb settings.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
jdelosa wrote:So I have disabled my JAI extension and the Q W seems to be working .... that said it's a lot to give up.... I like hav having JAI working. Does it seem like we can get them to play nice in the sandbox together soon?
JAI? It's new to me that there's any problem with JAI. Or do you mean JNF?

There is a bug in WME itself, which is the root cause of all the issues. You can check that by disabling all extensions and then QWing any junction. You won't be able to save.

Toolbox contains an internal JNF code, which it uses only if the standalone JNF extension is not found to be active. This internal JNF code happens to circumvalent the current WME QW issues, although this is pure coincidence. Toolbox never aims at fixing WME bugs, it only adds additional cool features. :geek:

That's why it currently helps if you disable the standalone JNF extension.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
turbomkt wrote:I think the question is really .... Why is this the default?
Well, technically spoken it isn't. If you reset your Toolbox settings you will see that the turn arrows aren't transpartent upon startup. The reason why many of you nevertheless had the arrows transparent in Tb 1.7.2 is that this setting is saved in the same "slot" as the previous feature "force arrows to be selectable at startup", that many of you obviously had activated.

Sorry for the confusion, we had underestimated the impact of this "same slot" thing. Toolbox 1.7.3 will have this fixed.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message