Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by KuniaKid
In PesachZ's custom comment regarding house numbers, it state that a forced refresh of WME house numbers was done. How, pray tell, is a house number forced refresh done?
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Post by KuniaKid
I found an issue with the latest drives display. Please see this forum entry. I've narrowed it down to URComments as the culprit.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Post by KuniaKid
If you could, please see this reply to the URO+ thread I made. I didn't want to post the same thing twice.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Post by KuniaKid
Holy crap. I didn't realize how vital this is to the ease of editing. :o Joni Mitchell comes to mind, "...you don't know what you got, til it's gone..."

rickzable, you are my hero!
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Post by KuniaKid
KuniaKid wrote:Bug - Changing comments file in settings enables the Me! script.
Upon further use I've discovered that changing files actually toggles "WME Me!".
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Post by KuniaKid
I should probably clarify setup. Mac OS X, FireFox latest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

Post by ldriveskier
Regarding the memory leak issue, I was playing with it last week and added a few hacks to my copy. They may or may not have broken something else, but mine at least pretends to be stable now. It is slower to respond, but I can take quite a while to trace a problem and type a response without getting the "Aw Snap" crash so I've been relatively happy with it. I haven't had a crash in over a week now.

Note that I'm not sure which one of these hacks actually helped, but I'd suggest trying #1 and #2 and seeing if those help since there are a lot of lines with #3 in them.

1. Enable the "Me" script and start it up in Tampermonkey before URC [for some reason, it is looking for it]
2. On line 1937, increase the timeout from 500 to 5000 or 500000 [think this one was the actual key]
3. [really don't think this one did it, but it was the first thing I did] For all lines "setTimeout(something, 0);", removed "setTimeout(" and ", 0)" .... so, all except "something;"

ETA: Link to the "Me" script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/8292-wme-me
ldriveskier  
Coordinators
Coordinators

Post by ldriveskier
JoshJMM wrote:In most cases I will use URC and leave a canned response and then if there is something obvious fix it. I will not close out the UR though until I have a comment from the reporter or enough time has passed that the reporter is obviously not going to respond.

I don't know about any of you, but I do not know how many times I've been burned by URs. Let's say one is reported as "Turn Not Allowed". You look for and find a turn that should not be allowed and fix it. You think you have won the day and then the reporter responds that the address 10 miles away they were going to is in the wrong spot. If I had closed the UR to "I found a turn not allowed cause that's what you reported" then I would never have corrected the original problem.
I do something similar, except I see if I can find an "obvious" problem to fix first. If I do, then I'll fix it and leave a response asking if that is what the problem was. Most times (that I receive a reply), I get a "thanks, that was it", but occasionally will get further information on what they were trying to report. Doing it this way, avoids some back and forth from the reporter and is easier for them if I got it right. It also avoids having to figure it out again or forgetting that I found anything next time I'm checking the UR.

I only use the appropriate canned response if I don't find anything obvious and can't even guess.
ldriveskier  
Coordinators
Coordinators