Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Script enhancement request:

Can a "halo" be added around Map Comment Points (MCPs)?

The all-white dot is easy to lose in some aerial imagery, lacks contrast when surrounded by similarly bright backgrounds or in clutter.

At a minimum would love to get a black circle around the white dot, or if you're feeling really creative, the ability to choose from a handful of dark colors that would still contrast with white.

Is that something that can be done?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Just adding to the list... sorry.... but noticed today that if highlighting for a city name (City X) is enabled - and a particular segment has a different city name (City Y), but does not have City X as an alt and is therefore not highlighted - highlighting for no speed limit is not working.

* Highlights enabled for (1) City X and (2) No speed limit.
* A particular segment's primary city is City Y, and it has no alt cities. It also has no SL. No highlights appear.
* City X added as alt city.
* Segment is now highlighted for lack of speed limit.
* Speed limit added.
* Segment is now highlighted for City X.

This does not occur if the original segment has no primary city. In that case, the no-SL highlight works fine.

It's possible that city highlighting returning a negative result may block all other highlights, but I did not test that.

Maybe it's always been this way and I didn't notice?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Feature request:

Under the highlight places section, is it possible to highlight places based on city, as can be done with segments? And if so, to invert that highlight?

I am trying to detect places (and more specifically, RPPs) with the wrong USPS city assigned. I'd like to be able to visually scan for RPPs that do *not* have the specified city assigned.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
OK, I see this now, sorry and thanks. The outline border of the highlighted places is wide enough on the RPP triangles that there is barely any real estate for the color in the center, which is why I didn't think it was doing anything. But it is enough. Need better glasses. :)
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
It got a lot easier to see the highlight after I subsequently turned off WMEPH, too.... :oops:
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Timbones wrote:[*]Tweaked city highlight to improve visibility
Is this why the city highlight yellow is a darker shade?

It's actually a bit harder (for me) to discern the highlights now, the darker yellow (nearing brown) is closer to blending in with the green of grass/trees. I can work with it, just making sure it's intended behavior.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
  • City highlight is now hot pink!
Awesome, thank you!

As an aside, this is amusing. My own way of dealing with scanning for city errors up to now was to use saved SVL configurations to change ALL relevant segments to hot pink (and others to gray), than use CH to highlight cities in yellow. Any errors were revealed by remaining hot pink when they should have been highlighted yellow, and vice versa.

Just saying.... big fan of using hot pink for this aspect, lol. But now I'll be refining my system... :lol: 8-)

Appreciate the change!
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
G_W1Z wrote:When it was yellow, it would be a dashed mix of yellow and white if the alt-name matched. Now, there is no coloring if the alt-name matches.
Yeah, this does pose a problem, with this lost function. Hopefully it can be restored. :)
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeZAKxing
Any chance on adding "Highlight by State" ?
SeZAKxing
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
(random character guy)
images/ranks/EditLevel4_Badge.png
Area Manager in VA; Culpeper to Amherst, Rockingham to Cumberland

Post by skbun
Some small bugs associated with landmark highlights:
I noticed that in 'highlight by city', that this works great for segments, but does not work for landmarks. (They highlight the current city regardless of the state of the 'invert' button.) Can this be changed/fixed? It'd be a really great way to quickly identify landmarks that are improperly addressed.

If a user disables 'Highlight landmarks' and 'Highlight by city' is enabled at that time, landmarks that are yellow remain yellow until a user mouses over them (or unchecks 'Highlight by city' and re-checks 'Highlight landmarks'.

Does the script attempt to read get.landmarks to grab any cities seen in landmarks, adding them to the list? In my area there's a lot of ridiculous entries like for <no state>, or <Mexico>, or whatever...that would help vet these out.

Thanks! Awesome update, Tim!
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA