[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.10 / 05.11.2015

Postby PesachZ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:23 am

I want to add that although Expy is not recommended, it will still work with our current TTS engine, so there is no urgent rush to fix them all immediately. However it should be something you fix when you see it.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
Last edited by PesachZ on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:14 pm

The wiki was supposed to be updated to point to the US page https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Abbreviations_and_acronyms/USA#Recommended_abbreviations

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:44 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:OK. That is the page I did find the working text, so is there already a thread to propose the global page change to the current US page?

No the global page is global, this is the USA version so it meant stay local. However validator should be updated so that in the US I shows the link to the USA version of the page.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.11 / 11.11.2015

Postby PesachZ » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 am

The comma is causing the flag, "&" is not checked for.

I'm also included to not worry about naming check #171 for a RR, they will never be used for TTS (if all goes as planned).

FYI You can see the regex by looking at available checks in validator settings.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:59 pm

CBenson wrote:Is Tunl listed as an incorrect abbreviation for Tunnel?

Yes it is, I added a boundary to fix this
mdswbkq wrote:1. #171 on Tunlaw Rd NW in Washington, DC. Permalink for one segment. Nothing wrong with the abbreviations or anything else. Maybe it doesn't like "Tunlaw"?

2. #171 on L'Enfant Plz SW in Washington, DC. Deleting the apostrophe fixed it, but it shouldn't be necessary. Parsing problem? Permalink for one segment.

This updated regex should fixes both of these issues.
Code: Select all
((?!(\\bPhila|\\bPenna|.(\\bWash|\\bCmdr|\\bProf|\\bPres)|..(\\bAdm|\\bSte|\\bCpl|\\bMaj|\\bSgt|\\bRe[vc]|\\bR\\.R|\\bGov|\\bGen|\\bHon|\\bCpl)|...(\\bSt|\\b[JSD]r|\\bLt|\\bFt)|...(#| )[NEWSR])).{5}\\.|((?!(hila|enna|(\\bWash|\\bCmdr|\\bProf|\\bPres)|.(\\bAdm|\\bSte|\\bCpl|\\bMaj|\\bSgt|\\bRe[vc]|\\bR\\.R|\\bGov|\\bGen|\\bHon|\\bCpl)|..(\\bSt|\\b[JSD]r|\\bLt|\\bFt)|..(#| )[NEWSR])).{4}|(\\bhila|\\benna))\\.|((?!(ila|nna|(ash|mdr|rof|res)|(\\bAdm|\\bSte|\\bCpl|\\bMaj|\\bSgt|\\bRe[vc]|\\bR\\.R|\\bGov|\\bGen|\\bHon|\\bCpl)|.(\\bSt|\\b[JSD]r|\\bLt|\\bFt)|.(#| )[NEWSR])).{3}|\\b(ila|nna|ash|mdr|rof|res))\\.|((?!(la|na|(sh|dr|of|es)|(dm|te|pl|aj|gt|e[vc]|\\.R|ov|en|on|pl)|(\\bSt|\\b[JSD]r|\\bLt|\\bFt)|(#| )[NEWSR])).{2}|\\b(la|na|sh|dr|of|es|dm|te|pl|aj|gt|e[vc]|\\.R|ov|en|on|pl))\\.|(#|^)[^NEWSR]?\\.)|(((?!\\b(D|O|L)).|#|^)\'(?![sl]\\b)|(#|^)\'s|(?!\\b(In|Na)t).{3}\'l|(#|^).{0,2}\'l)|(Dr|St)\\.(#|$)|,|;|\\\\|((?!\\.( |#|$|R))\\..|(?!\\.( .|#.|$|R\\.))\\..{2}|\\.R(#|$|\\.R))|[Ee]x(p|w)y\\b|Tunl\\b|Long Is\\b|Brg\\b

Last edited by PesachZ on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 am

SeZAKxing wrote:Getting a Incorrectly abbreviated street name (#171)
error for "Tunlaw Pl"

Mismatch on Tunnel I guess

Yes it was mentioned already above.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:11 am

UltDriver73 wrote:The script is excellent, I love it! However, the lines could be thinner and I personally do not like dashed lines, I prefer solid lines. Perhaps you could include a key indicating the colors. For example 55 mph = black; 65 mph = gold. Otherwise, its great will give other feedback if I find issues.

Are you sure you're posting about the correct script. This is the thread for validator which adds highlights to segments that have errors.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.13 / 16.11.2015

Postby PesachZ » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:46 pm

KuniaKid wrote:Hawaiian city and street names use diacritical marks that are flagged in Validator, specifically the apostrophe. We get UR's that request that we match the signage. I haven't found any guidelines in this matter, so I add the mark. Is there a way to switch off the check for this in Validator?

Hawaii State Managers are in discussion as to using complete diacritical marks for all names. There is quite a movement here for making all things PC.

You can turn off check #171, or create a Hawaii localization package which can fully customize it. If you need help I can help you, if you want to reach out privately.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.14 / 17.11.2015

Postby PesachZ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:32 pm

KuniaKid wrote:I've installed crazycaveman's Hawaii localization and it's flagging "Loop", that it should be "LOOP". I can't find Wiki confirmation for that. Is there one? And if not, how do I edit localization to reflect?

Is it for a highway loop eg US-27 LOOP, or a regular street with loop in the name eg G Washington Loop?

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.14 / 17.11.2015

Postby PesachZ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:36 pm

crazycaveman wrote:Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or changes needed. You can edit check 134 and remove the '|[Ll]oop' part. I saw it on the wiki, but think it was a testing page, but that was the only guidance I could find on how abbreviations should be (including using BUS instead of Bus, to pronounce business)

If it's a hwy loop it should be all caps, just like all the other banners. If it's a street name suffix it should be abbreviated Lp as mentioned in the US wiki.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts