[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.0)

Postby BellHouse » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:28 pm

dspille wrote:Regarding iainhouse's issue that you've not been able to reproduce, I did some further testing and was able to fix the issue by only deleting the WME_Toolbox_Options key in the local storage. The "Reset WME Toolbox Settings" was not working for me (along with several other features), so manually deleting the key was the only option. If it helps for testing purposes, here is the contents of the key prior to deletion.
Code: Select all
[...]

Indeed, the content of the local storage key you supplied me allowed me to narrow in and finally identify the bug (recorded as issue #418). The issue is triggered by Toolbox' option "Force arrows to be transparent (= not selectable) after loading". If you have that option enabled, you get the issue described by iainhouse above. To make things worse, you then won't be able to disable the option, because the procedure to save options is also broken once you've run into the bug.

So those users now have two choices, of which I recommend the second ;) :

• Wait for Toolbox 1.8.2
  • In a WME browser tab, press F12 to open the browser's debug window, then search for a tab named 'Console', and enter (= copy) the following command at the very bottom line:
    localStorage.removeItem('WME_Toolbox_Options')

Then reload the page, and Toolbox should be fixed (although your Toolbox settings are reset). Then please be sure to never activate the buggy option before Toolbox release 1.8.2 ! :)
Sorry for the inconvenience!
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.2)

Postby BellHouse » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:56 am

Toolbox 1.8.2 is released for Chrome and Firefox:

1.8.2  (20171108)
Fix: Multiple issues when option "Force arrows to be transparent (= not selectable) after loading" is enabled (#418)

So hopefully the following issues should now be solved:
  • Toolbox' layer menu is filled only after panning the map
  • Toolbox' keyboard shortcuts are not working or even visible
  • Toolbox' options are not saved
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby BellHouse » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:25 pm

ajcadoo wrote:What is the logic behind putting the "Autofix Revcons" function at a Lvl5 requirement?

The logic is that revcons are no longer considered as a problem any more. Therefore, mass removing revcons is considered as point harvesting without improving the map. ;)
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby BellHouse » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:40 pm

vince1612 wrote:For us now they mostly act as "flags" pointing to new editors. They help noticing edits that you may otherwise have missed or overlooked when randomly scrolling the map.

Yes, and that's the reason why the highlight is still available for all editors (in the default settings), whereas the auto-fix is not. But given that even experienced users gradually come to the insight that they shouldn't care about revcons at all, I can predict that Toolbox won't show revcons much longer, at least for low-rank users.
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby BellHouse » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:56 pm

LaukinisBriedis wrote:Is it possible to add AVERAGE SPEED CAMERA parameter in unneeded junction check?

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, this will be checked in the next release.
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.3)

Postby BellHouse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Toolbox 1.8.3 is released for Chrome and Firefox:

1.8.3  (20171208)
Fix: Tb's layer menu was not restored after editing house numbers (#417)
Fix: Toolbox controls were lost when switching between imperial and metric units (#413)
Fix: Suppress unneeded junctions tool did not touch nodes between segments with any set maxspeed (#420)
Fix: Popups were sometimes not removed correctly (#423)
Update: Removed reverse connection highlight for editors below rank 5
Update: Additional check for (different) average speed cams in "suppress unneeded junctions" auto-fix (#421)
Update: Removed the "forced" bindings of keyboard shortcuts "1", "2" and "3" (#422)
Update: Added FP unlock link for Burkina (#419)
Update: Updated country rights settings for Canada and Dominican Republic
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby BellHouse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:03 pm

turbomkt wrote:I'm curious the reasoning behind RevCon flag for R5+. It's one of the best ways to see where new editors have been. Maybe R3+AM would have been better?

The main reason is that a RevCon is no map error. Since quite some time already there have been no more reports of false routing caused by RevCons, so HQ's statement (that RevCons can now safely be ignored) seems to be true. Toolbox' mission is to aid the editor to easily identify and fix map errors, so RevCons do not match the profile any more.

And, RevCons are only a good way of identifying new editors as long as many experienced editors still feel the urge to remove RevCons.

Some countries had already removed the RevCon highlights and auto-fix some time ago, and I haven't heard of any catastrophes of not being able to mentor new editors any more. Removing the highlight for R4- editors in Toolbox is an experiment, which may very well put some oil on the discussion fire on how to deal with RevCons in the future. ;)
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby BellHouse » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Lukring wrote:is it just me or junction for overlapping same level segments still not workimg?

Yup, confirmed, will be fixed in next release.
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby BellHouse » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:40 pm

bummerdude69 wrote:I'm assuming the top border in the mini-map is from the new Waze page layout? Anyway to remove it?

Yes. Yes. ;) (will be fixed in next release)
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby BellHouse » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:28 pm

la-colle wrote:Since yesterday after each launch of WME Beta with WME toolbox I have that message : "WME Junction Node Fixer (in Toolbox) has failed to load due to API check: FeatureVectorSegment" no other scripts activated.

Yup, that is caused by a code update of WME, we're on that one.
[ img ][ img ]
CM Germany
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts