These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by B_Carp
Annoyingly, the "Alerts only" setting now gives sound when the path deviates from the Waze-directed path & also alerts to expected traffic time when I'm already in traffic. This is a new change in 4.0.1.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
wazCris wrote:I don't think I ever noticed as before, but on 4.01 when you share a drive the line color changes for your navigation path.
That seemed to happen randomly with version 3.x as well. I never figured out why it happened but wasn't consistently due to sharing or rerouting or adding a waypoint. Will pay more attention with the new version.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
tonytx05 wrote:I for one like the alerts the way they are done, because I generally know the routes I'm driving so leave the sound on alert only, but want to be alerted if Waze suggests an alternative because of traffic or some other incident.
I agree with you here. I do the same. But I don't think that sound is the way to do it. If there's an alternative route, then the sound comes after we've already deviated from the suggested path, so doesn't fulfil the goal of alerting us to an alternative route. It's really just an annoying sound.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
tonytx05 wrote:
B_Carp wrote: I agree with you here. I do the same. But I don't think that sound is the way to do it. If there's an alternative route, then the sound comes after we've already deviated from the suggested path, so doesn't fulfil the goal of alerting us to an alternative route. It's really just an annoying sound.
We're not describing the same scenario. I'm driving the Waze suggested route, not deviating from it. The alert tells me that route has now changed.
Oh? I didn't realise that alert occurred when Waze changes the route. That, I agree, would be useful as it would be a prospective alert (rather than the retrospective alert that most of us have been talking about).
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by bendcyclist
I would have to be driving much faster to cover 80 miles in 33 minutes. See image.
bendcyclist
Send a message
Attachments

Post by bernie526
I’m a 3+ year Wazer but this is my first post so apologies in advance if I miss any on the posting guidelines. I have to agree with all of the posts requesting that the new version add back the ability to report on incidents on the other side of the road. If I’m traveling Southbound and see an incident I can report it to Northbound Wazers before they get to the problem. Northbound Wazers can only report after they see the problem. By the time they report it is usually beyond the incident. Southbound users can give the Northbound users notice in advance. Please add this function back to Waze and thanks for doing a great job with the app.
bernie526
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
chrysrobyn wrote:I just noticed two nights ago... Used to be I could search for a friend in my address book, and now I can't (second time I'd been to this guy's house). That's a feature I really appreciate more than finding someone in my address book, copying the address, going to Waze and pasting it.
Mine works, just started typing a name and it auto populated. Go to settings on iPhone, find Waze app in list, check to see if contacts is checked on.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by bryanpate
kunzorama wrote:I'm noting what I think is a bug in the Waze app. If I'm using my iphone to listen to a podcast (using DownCast) and pick up my iphone to look at it, the sound mutes and I get the microphone/listening.../tap to cancel display. I cancel. The iPhone then starts playing a random song from the Apple iTunes music app on my phone, rather than returning to the previously active app (DownCast).

I need to figure out how to avoid the microphone activation when I pick up the phone too. I just haven't researched that yet. I suppose I could take away Waze access to the microphone, but I may want to touch the microphone icon at times. I'll research this shortly; if there's an obvious setting I'm missing that takes care of this, I'm all ears.
I have been seeing this problem since iOS 9 and Waze version 4. There is a thread on the Apple support communities as well: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7249968?tstart=0

It seems that people are experiencing this same behavior in other places, but it had been suggested that it is possible that the apps are using a deprecated function call to start/stop the music (or audiobook in my case).
bryanpate
Send a message

Post by BSNinja5
JessMerrittDallas wrote:My iphone 6S Plus connects to my car's Bluetooth Uconnect stereo. The turn by turn audio does not work while the app is open. If I am on a route and I minimize the app (like if I go to iTunes or another app while Waze runs in the background), the audio does work. It does NOT speak to me while the app is open when I need it the most. It is set to Prefer Bluetooth. Please help!
Mine is just the opposite. It only plays over my bluetooth when the app is open. If I switch to something else I don't get any sound. I sometimes use Waze for the alerts only but still have to keep the app open to hear them.

I am also having an issue of my routing being stopped when I do minimize the Waze app. It does not seem to be running in the background.
BSNinja5
Send a message

Post by callumjp
The colour changes for night mode have helped a lot - nice work, Waze. One thing that annoys me is that it's difficult to see if you've sent your ETA to somebody, but they are yet to open the map. Yes, a confirmation appears for a few seconds, but I feel that something more permanent is needed - in the same area where the person icon is displayed in the bottom right corner. Just a simple 'tick' or something (similar to Messenger/WhatsApp) would suffice, just to confirm that your ETA has been sent. The audible niceties that made the previous version of Waze nice also seem to be much less evident in v4 and above - this Mario Kart feel was one of the things that made Waze feel unique - would be good to see some of that gamification back.
callumjp
Send a message