These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CaptainSharkBait
My location won't turn off. It's ON all the time, even in sleep mode and I'm frustrated. Started a seperate thread for this issue here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=166647
CaptainSharkBait
Send a message

Post by cejay
I am on ios on latest version and reported police and pressed OTHER SIDE, and sent the report.

It placed the police on my side (south) on the interstate and I even went to look at the icon and it says S on the report.

I tried again and it also put the report on the south, even tho I put OTHER SIDE, and that would be north. I want to help the other people going north, but unsure why this is happening.

Also cannot report road hazards, car on shoulder on OTHER SIDE, as I don't see that option.

Ideas?

cj
cejay
Send a message

Post by cejay
I have succesfully added police reports to I75 north or south in Georgia and that is definately a divided highway as 575 is north of atlanta... shouldnt it be able to add NORTH vs South using other side and know that north is opposite way of my travel? I guess i dont understand how you ever report an 'other side' report unless i misunderstand its usage.

Any reason for removing HAZARDS on the other side of the road reports? I see cars and other things on the other side and would like to help someone out.

Also a nice feature would be to arrange common icons you use for the report.
Say favorite reports, Example: Hazard, on shoulder, car stopped, send.. this could be done with one keypress to make it simple as opposed to 4 key presses... What do you think?

cejay

Also cannot report road hazards, car on shoulder on OTHER SIDE, as I don't see that option.[/quote]
"Otherside" has the following effects:
1. It flips the icon so it's flops in the other direction on the screen.
2. It alerts in the other direction on two-way segments.

It does not:
1. Move the alert to the other side of a divided highway (a pair of one-way segments)
2. Change the name of the segment to the other side of a divided highway(a pair of one-way segments)

Also, since the last release, hazards cannot be reported to the otherside.[/quote]
cejay
Send a message

Post by chrysrobyn
I just noticed two nights ago... Used to be I could search for a friend in my address book, and now I can't (second time I'd been to this guy's house). That's a feature I really appreciate more than finding someone in my address book, copying the address, going to Waze and pasting it.
chrysrobyn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by chrysrobyn
Bigbear3764 wrote:Mine works, just started typing a name and it auto populated. Go to settings on iPhone, find Waze app in list, check to see if contacts is checked on.
I go there, and I see Location, Calendars (which was off, now on), Microphone, Motion & Fitness, Camera, Notifications (which I have set only to Banners), Background App Refresh (which is greyed out, but on), and Cellular Data. I do not see "Contacts" in my list. Turning Calendars on didn't allow me to see people in my Contact List either.

Waze 4.0.1.1
iOS 9.1 (13B143)

EDIT: Now that I'm looking around because it "should" work, I see Settings -> Privacy -> Contacts, which allows me to choose a variety of 6 applications, including Safari, Gmail, Google Maps, Hangouts, but Waze is not in the list.
chrysrobyn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Coxymla
I know this isn't specific to Waze, but it would be nice if they would give a proper changelog for each update.

Most (all?) of the features they claim for 4.0.1 are the 4.0.0 ones copied and pasted.
Coxymla
Send a message

Post by Crazylalo
jaspovski wrote:I can't navigate to contacts anymore. Search won't show them in results.

I check IOS/Settinggs/Privacy/Contacts but waze is not even listed there. Already uninstalled and reinstalled but still not working and still nothing in settings.

I am having the exact problem, and yes, I've also uninstalled it and reinstalled too. What's up with that?
Crazylalo
Send a message

Post by crispy78
I used to have the option to select a roadside when reporting traffic, obstacles or police checks. Can someone help me to find a way to report things happening on the opposite side of the road?
crispy78
Send a message

Post by Dave-The-Scot
lance_nichols wrote:The app has become completely useless since the 4.0.X update. When used on my Appradio, the upper turn bar takes up almost a third of the screen , the lower bar takes up an inch, leaving a little over a third of the screen available for the map. The scaling when put onto an external screen just doesn't work, and only about half of the touch interface items work.
I also have this problem, have tried everything to reduce the size of the banners, please either provide control over the sizes or revert back to thin banners so that WAZE can be used with app-radio. I really do not want to change to a different navigation system as waze was the best I have ever used until version 4.0.1 and no it is un-usable.
Dave-The-Scot
Send a message
Last edited by Dave-The-Scot on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Dave556Raven
Still broken display and unstable in appradio mode with appradio 4 (sph-da120)
Dave556Raven
Send a message