These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jhowlive
On landscape mode the balloon with the name of the current road remains the same size of the portrait mode, the balloon can be bigger, because with the actual size almost every street name doesn't fit it
image.png
(250.81 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
jhowlive
Send a message

Post by jjas0n
Kylrich wrote:Maybe this is a bug, or just user error, not sure. On an iphone 6S iOS9.1 and using Waze v4.0.1.1 and experiencing unique issue with 2015 Chevy Mylink bluetooth audio.

When I have sound set to "Prefer Bluetooth" or "Play sound to phone speaker" the map navigation audio is played through car bluetooth or on the phone respectively. The problem occurs on the next behavior: mylink interprets the audio prompt as as a phone call (i see elapsed time come up as 5 to 10 seconds on mylink) and then iphone music begins to play the first song in my iphone music app.

This is terribly frustrating :oops: when I'm listening to Sirius or FM radio because every time navigation audio plays it kicks me back into iphone music.

There are so many variable between myLink, iphone, and waze I can't be certain the root cause. Is there something I'm missing on waze or is this a known issue I couldn't find in searching other threads?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
I would Love a fix for this!
- Same issue with Mylink in my 2015 Corvette Z06. If Waze is set for speaker and Waze makes any sounds whatsoever, it flips Mylink from radio to iPhone music.
- Oddly enough, the MyLink in my 2013 Camaro is fine.

IOS 9.2.1 iPhone 6s Plus. Waze 4.2.0.

Thanks!
jjas0n
Send a message

Post by jmmo20
Why have you made it obligatory to provide location data even when the app is not running?
I see no reason for a GPS/satnav app to know where I am even when the app is not running.

I find this intrusive and taxing in terms of battery life.

IF this isn't fixed I will be removing the app.
jmmo20
Send a message

Post by kerrypowell
B_Carp wrote:Annoyingly, the "Alerts only" setting now gives sound when the path deviates from the Waze-directed path & also alerts to expected traffic time when I'm already in traffic. This is a new change in 4.0.1.
Yes, I'm annoyed as well. Hopefully this is a bug and not a new feature.
kerrypowell
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
redyar wrote:First of all, great progress on v.4.0.x - Waze now looks much more like a modern app, easier to navigate too.
Thank you for a fresh voice. So much negativity in some comments here that it was getting quite depressing.
redyar wrote:Two bugs found in both versions 4.0.0 and 4.0.1:
1. Lock North Up doesn't preserve between app restarts in most cases (sometimes it does preserve north up map lock but rather rarely);
2. Because of bug no.1 above, I have to click every time on a small icon on the right to lock it north up. When somebody shares a drive with me, there is a slider appears on the right as well, so I can't any longer click on that icon to lock map north up.
Waze is aware of this and I'm sure they will remedy it. But Thank you for this additional input.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
xxleexx wrote:hi, im using iphone 5 IOS 9.2.
I restored my iphone ios,reseted all setting, reinstalled the waze apps, why still cant fix the "no gps. showing approximate location"??? is that got any solution?? thanks.

i wish the next update can fix the problem.
Does GPS work with other apps? (Apple Maps, etc.)
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
xxleexx wrote:
KuniaKid wrote:
xxleexx wrote:hi, im using iphone 5 IOS 9.2.
I restored my iphone ios,reseted all setting, reinstalled the waze apps, why still cant fix the "no gps. showing approximate location"??? is that got any solution?? thanks.

i wish the next update can fix the problem.
Does GPS work with other apps? (Apple Maps, etc.)
yes, others apps works with the gps.just waze apps cant.
Have you granted Waze permission to use Cellular? and Locations services?
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
TmmShady wrote: ——————————————
So WILL "other side hazards" be able to be reported next release??!!
Nope.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by kunzorama
B_Carp wrote:Annoyingly, the "Alerts only" setting now gives sound when the path deviates from the Waze-directed path & also alerts to expected traffic time when I'm already in traffic. This is a new change in 4.0.1.
I agree with B_Carp. This new feature is hugely annoying. I'd like more granularity in my alert options and do not want my audio playback through my phone disturbed by the beeps for every re-route. I do want the alerts for traffic, police and so on, so I do need to program in my final destination, but I really don't want to "add a stop" for every intermediate stop and route change I make along the way.
kunzorama
Send a message

Post by kunzorama
I'm noting what I think is a bug in the Waze app. If I'm using my iphone to listen to a podcast (using DownCast) and pick up my iphone to look at it, the sound mutes and I get the microphone/listening.../tap to cancel display. I cancel. The iPhone then starts playing a random song from the Apple iTunes music app on my phone, rather than returning to the previously active app (DownCast).

I need to figure out how to avoid the microphone activation when I pick up the phone too. I just haven't researched that yet. I suppose I could take away Waze access to the microphone, but I may want to touch the microphone icon at times. I'll research this shortly; if there's an obvious setting I'm missing that takes care of this, I'm all ears.
kunzorama
Send a message