Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Speedhelper

Post by gertbroos
Current Version 0.12.0 (10/07/2022)

Consult your local GC about the local rules of adding speedlimits to your country

This script is an extension to make inputting the new speedlimits easy, by adding graphic speedsigns right above the input fields.

For the current list of supported countries, visit the following link to the GreasyFork script: https://greasyfork.org/nl/scripts/13774-wme-speedhelper

If you want your country added to the list, contact your local GC and have him/her add the following info:
  • country name & Waze abbreviation (use this bookmarklet)
  • The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns
  • Kph or mph?
  • an image of how a roadsign looks like. Only needed if it isn't a red circle with a white background and black text :)

This script has now moved to Github!
If anyone has an idea to make this script better, or has updates to the country list, please visit the Github page 

Kind regards,

Gert

gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:17033262

Send a message
Last edited by gertbroos on Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:56 pm, edited 70 times in total.

Post by Gasparfox
country name & Waze abbreviation = Chile CI
The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns = 30-40-50-60-80-100-120
Kph or mph? = Kph
an image of how a roadsign looks like. Red circle with a white background and black text

Thanks!!
Gasparfox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 14
Send a message

Post by Gasparfox
gertbroos wrote:Sorry for the late response, haven't got much spare time at the moment.

Script updated to 0.7.2:
  • Cameroon
  • Chile
  • Quatar
  • Montenegro
Had no time to look into to the other issues yet...
Thank you very much!!!!
Gasparfox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 14
Send a message

Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
This script appears to be broken in WME Beta but works in Prod. I get the following log:

Code: Select all

VM2128:236 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ann' of undefined
    at Object.WMESpeedhelper_init.WMESpeedhelper.makeSigns (eval at <anonymous> (:2:297), <anonymous>:236:28)
    at WMESpeedhelper_init (eval at <anonymous> (:2:297), <anonymous>:446:20)
    at WMESpeedhelper_bootstrap (eval at <anonymous> (:2:297), <anonymous>:162:5)
Thanks for looking into this. WME API in Waze.model.countries.top.abbr most likely changed.
GeekDriverPeaceful
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
vince1612 wrote:Great idea! Thanks ! :D
gertbroos wrote:If you want your country added to the list, I will need the following information:
  • country name & Waze abbreviation = Switzerland - 216 (I think that's it? Took the same number that Toolbox had)
  • The list of possible speeds as displayed on the roadsigns = 30-40-50-60-80-100-120
  • Kph or mph? = Kph
  • an image of how a roadsign looks like. Only needed if it isn't a red circle with a white background and black text :) = red circle is ok
Thanks, it will be added in the next version :) The "code" is in the XX format, Switzerland's code is SZ (just found out myself :D)
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Olestas wrote:Hmm.. does not work for me somehow..
Still says:
WME Speedhelper 0.2.0
Your country is currently not supported yet. If you want me to add it, follow this link and look for the "missing country?" section in the description.

Tried reinstalling. Cleaned cache.. restarted browser..
Found the reason :) The Waze abbreviation for Latvia is LG, don't know where these abbreviations come from..

Script is updated to 0.2.2
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by gertbroos
Currenlty added 4 new countries:
- Spain
- Portugal
- Danmark
- Colombia

Slovenia will be added in the next release, message came in just after I updated :) This update will normally will be this evening..
gertbroos
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message