These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Pizuz
I usually fix this by putting Waze into sleep mode and reactivating it. Sometimes twice.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by Pizuz
yearlus wrote:
Pizuz wrote:I usually fix this by putting Waze into sleep mode and reactivating it. Sometimes twice.
Unfortunately didnt work for me :(
Bad connection, maybe?
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by Pizuz
Road closures are still there, you have to scroll down to find the icon. And no, there's no indication that you can scroll.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by Pizuz
Waze works with CarPlay? Last time I tried, there was no Waze icon on the CarPlay home screen.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by Pizuz
ooMikeoo wrote:Pretty much hate that gps runs even after sleep app and or quit app. Switching to google maps. See ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you sure? Did you check the location service status page? Is the location symbol gray or purple after closing Waze?

EDIT: I just checked:

Putting Waze to sleep doesn't stop it from polling your location, which is weird. Closing it from the task switcher, however, instantly stops location polling.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by Pizuz
VilisZilis wrote:this is how map looks like now on v4.0.
*snip*
Very ***ing clear which way to go looking at map. thank you for this amazing update. also my screen now is 2x smaller which im also very gratefull for.
Looks like a pretty ”creative“ use case, doesn't it? At least it tells you to keep right...
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by Pizuz
xxleexx wrote:
KuniaKid wrote:
xxleexx wrote:hi, im using iphone 5 IOS 9.2.
I restored my iphone ios,reseted all setting, reinstalled the waze apps, why still cant fix the "no gps. showing approximate location"??? is that got any solution?? thanks.

i wish the next update can fix the problem.
Does GPS work with other apps? (Apple Maps, etc.)
yes, others apps works with the gps.just waze apps cant.
Does Apple Maps show your position as a pulsating blue dot when you're outside? If not, your iPhone's GPS reception might be broken. Smartphones can use cell tower triangulation for location services, which might be the reason why you still get position info despite a broken GPS. For turn-by-turn navigation, this method isn't accurate enough.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by pronnie
Thoughts on nightmode

In the night there is darkness. The basic colour is black. While driving you see white and red lights of cars in a black environment.
Most dashboards look the same. In a black background you see coloured numbers and meters. There is no distraction from other lights.
The nightmode of Waze 3.x looked the same.
Then there was Waze 4
The backlight begame GREY. It is a source of light.
When you try to dim the light, you dim everything, because there is no contrast between the grey backlight and the other information on the screen.
The backlight of the nightmode should be black instead of grey to be in harmony with the dashboard, with the road, with the night.
In the night I want to dim the lights in my car. Please help me by dimming the light of Waze. Thank you.
pronnie
Send a message

Post by qtonthat
We are going backwards, I now switch to Google Map until Waze bring back the previous version.
qtonthat
Send a message

Post by rad1jc
kerrypowell wrote:
B_Carp wrote:Annoyingly, the "Alerts only" setting now gives sound when the path deviates from the Waze-directed path & also alerts to expected traffic time when I'm already in traffic. This is a new change in 4.0.1.
This annoys me as well. I drive in "Alerts Only" mode and don't necessarily use Waze for guidance but for alerts along my route (traffic, etc.). I tend NOT to drive where it wants me to so I'm suddenly hearing the "recalculating" chime a lot and it's bothersome.
rad1jc
Send a message