Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by SocalToe
I'd go with good enough............

I've heard some that are slightly off, but wouldn't be able to describe what's wrong.

I think some of the 'slightly off' ones have the correct syllables, but the timing is off slight pauses, or lack of pauses
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by spedracr
Could the Glossary heading at the bottom of the page maybe be changed to Glossary / Acronyms
spedracr
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
I have noticed that when "MD" is present in a place name or address it get's pronounced "Maryland." I don't know how to get around this, but it can be confusing.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by Spil
Sorry, no input on the first one, but I'll take up this one for you:
Wajo357 wrote:2) On some of the ramps I've seen, the ramp name is "Exit 70A-B:...", but it is read as "exit 70ayybee" without any break between the ayy and bee. If I add a space before and after the dash Waze says "Exit 70ayy to bee. What do you guys recommend in such a situation?
In most such situations, the "Exit 70A-B" part of the ramp should be left unnamed, allowing TTS to use the appropriate "Exit 70A" or "Exit 70B" ramp name from the upcoming offramp. There may be some instances where the "Exit 70A-B" might be needed, though -- can you provide a Permalink to the interchange in question here?
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by spock7230
I've skimmed through the topic so far and have found a few entries that match the "street" vs "saint" problem with the "St" abbreviation, but haven't seen a clear answer yet on a best practice.

As part of my routing directions the other day, I was told to turn onto "Mechanic Saint Bypass," which has the street name label of "Mechanic St Byp" Is the best practice to spell out "St" as "Street" in the case where "street" isn't the last word in the street name? (Permalink) Otherwise, "St" is spoken "street" so far for me.

Thanks.
spock7230
Send a message
https://tinyurl.com/l4vunml
iPhone 7 Plus (AT&T) : iOS 12.4 : Waze Client 4.54.1.0

Post by steveinark
I've been "off-internet" for 3 days. I've looked, but not seen any comments on the forum, or here, that JANE is pronouncing all "leading" directions as the letter itself.

IAW, "N Main St" is pronounced alled "N" Main Street", not "North Main Street".

Sorry if it's posted elsewhere and I've just missed it.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by steveinark
PesachZ wrote:
SteveInArk wrote:I've been "off-internet" for 3 days. I've looked, but not seen any comments on the forum, or here, that JANE is pronouncing all "leading" directions as the letter itself.

IAW, "N Main St" is pronounced alled "N" Main Street", not "North Main Street".

Sorry if it's posted elsewhere and I've just missed it.
Can you give us a permalink to the exact segment causing this failure?

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

I'm not on the road now, so no exact PL that I could post with confidence. But EVERY instance of driving I've done, everywhere, since JANE was defaulted to my phone app, has been that way. No exceptions that I have noted, here in Arkansas.

EDIT: Wait! I did navigate down SE and SW 14th today, in Bentonville. It announced SW 14th as such, not "southwest". Hope that helps.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=65215588
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas

Post by steveinark
Will watch, but I haven't noted the problem now. I did clear the cache.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)

Post by steveinark
karlcr9911 wrote:Mile 3 Rd is being pronounced as Mile Third

Should say Mile Three Road
Local road here: "Table Rock Lake P-3 Rd" is saying "P Third". The space between 3 and Rd is there. But maybe having "Rd" or "Road" immeediately after a numeral 3 is causing the issue.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)

Post by steveinark
PesachZ wrote:
PesachZ wrote:
SteveInArk wrote: Local road here: "Table Rock Lake P-3 Rd" is saying "P Third". The space between 3 and Rd is there. But maybe having "Rd" or "Road" immeediately after a numeral 3 is causing the issue.
I will check it with staff.
This issue has now been fixed, be sure to clear your cache (cc@tts) to test it.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
As expected, it pronounces correctly now. Thanks.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)