These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by redyar
First of all, great progress on v.4.0.x - Waze now looks much more like a modern app, easier to navigate too.
Two bugs found in both versions 4.0.0 and 4.0.1:
1. Lock North Up doesn't preserve between app restarts in most cases (sometimes it does preserve north up map lock but rather rarely);
2. Because of bug no.1 above, I have to click every time on a small icon on the right to lock it north up. When somebody shares a drive with me, there is a slider appears on the right as well, so I can't any longer click on that icon to lock map north up.

Other than, again, Waze 4 is a huge progress in right direction. Thanks to Waze developers!

Edit: iPhone 6S, latest iOS, Waze 4.0.1.
redyar
Send a message

Post by RL742
On my iphone, today, after I go into Waze, and before I even have a chance to put in my destination, I am kicked out of the program and I go back to the desktop screen. I rebooted. I deleted and reinstalled the program, still same thing happening. Any ideas?
RL742
Send a message

Post by robrecord
Hi there,

I have a number of problems/feature requests with Waze:

Feature request:

1. Allow omitting calendars from calendar integration. I have a number of calendar items on one calendar that I don't ever want or need directions to, including Facebook calendar (it's SO noisy). Allow us to choose which calendars to mute.

Related bug: I keep getting notified to "add an address to 'Meditate'" - it's in my house, I don't want to drive there; not that lazy! :) I've tried to mute the series of events but that's not working, I still get notified.

Replies to inbox messages:

Really bad UI here:
1. I can't see the message I just posted.
2. I can't see the other lines of the message I'm currently typing.
3. The latest message is at the top, the reply is at the bottom. Confusing order.
Also: Unintuitive placement of the inbox button - it makes sense when you find it, but boy finding it is a pain. Likewise, the Petrol Stations button.

Help & feedback:

From within the app, the tacked-on google page and forum is really bad. The former has no button to "ask a question", as the title suggests. The latter is totally unusable/unreadable through the iphone: The words exit the right of the page and there's no horizontal scrolling to read them; In landscape mode the "Tapatalk" banner takes up almost half the page height. Just a simple "Feedback" form please?

Many thanks for your attention to these gripes. Otherwise, Waze is really great and I love it. I want Waze to be the best it can be.
robrecord
Send a message

Post by RodNav
vince1612 wrote:
B_Carp wrote:Annoyingly, the "Alerts only" setting now gives sound when the path deviates from the Waze-directed path & also alerts to expected traffic time when I'm already in traffic. This is a new change in 4.0.1.
kerrypowell wrote:Yes, I'm annoyed as well. Hopefully this is a bug and not a new feature.
wazCris wrote:I noticed this too
Actually this was requested as a feature by hundreds of people who complained frequently on the forums about not being alerted of such changes in the Alerts only mode, Waze must have gotten tired of it because it is now a feature.

I guess making everyone happy is an impossible task :?
Agreed, but they could make most of the people happy if they let the user decide what they want to hear, instead of forcing one option on everyone.
But over the years I've learnt that waze doesn't seem to believe in letting users decide on simple things like this, so I won't hold my breath.
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by rthorn17
dockpilot wrote:My biggest pet peeves:
1. Active route line too thick and covers underlying color coded traffic density bars
2. Report balloons and other wazers are ridiculously small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely agree with Number 1. I can not easily see the traffic color with a quick glance while driving with an Active Route on.
rthorn17
Send a message

Post by rzPhone
My experience with the new update:

-Increased performance on iphone 4s (iOS 9.1)
-Route color in night mode is now teal (positive)
-Night mode has a little bit more contrast in general (positive)
-It seems like the report bubbles pop up at a higher zoom level. Meaning you do not have to be zoomed in that far to get the bigger icons (cannot confirm for sure)
rzPhone
Send a message
Last edited by rzPhone on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by rzPhone
iklimchuk wrote: 2. in v 3.x when i was entering the street name there was a small arrow. If i hit it - it was putting the whole street name to the omnibox AND THEN I WAS ABLE to put house number. In current version it's gone so i must type the whole street name manually or loose the ability to put the house number because tapping street name from auto-suggestion list immediately brings me to navigation pane.
Very good point. I noticed that too. I used the arrow a lot when searching for an address
rzPhone
Send a message

Post by Seat6a
The automatic routing feature should be able to be turned off. I don't want it to guess my route every time I turn on Waze. Currently, I'm forced to choose either having no saved locations or having to stop the automatic navigation every time I start the app. That's silly.

And CarPlay. Waze really needs CarPlay.

Seat6a
Send a message
AT&T iPhone 6
Virginia, USA

Post by Seat6a
nzahn1 wrote: Actually, just go to your waze dashboard in a browser, and uncheck the "Allow auto-suggestions for destinations" box.
You're my hero! Thank you!

Seat6a
Send a message
AT&T iPhone 6
Virginia, USA

Post by Servinjesus1
Release: 4.0.1.1

Adding a stop replaces the initial drive. Whereas I am trying to get to Mines Lot A, a destination in my favorites, for example, adding Shell gas as a stop, be it by searching for it and clicking "Go" or selecting it from the recents menu, changes the drive to only Shell. I have tried both clicking the add a stop button from the navigation pane thing at the bottom or searching. The only way add a stop has worked for me is by clicking one of my recents for which a popup appears asking if I want a new stop or to create a new drive.

Please advise, thanks in advance!
Servinjesus1
Send a message