These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ekwkoo
I just bought an iphone6+ 2 days ago. The ios version is 8.1.2. When I used WAZE, the GPS signal is not stable and it says 'No GPS, use approximate location' every other 10-20 seconds. I was driving on an open road. Thinking that it might be the hardware problem with my new iphone6+, I switched to use iphone5 but had the same problem too. Before I used WAZE with Samsung s4 and with no problem. Can anyone please help?

I tried to follow the instruction regarding 'No GPS' provided in the section of this website to check the settings (steps as shown below) but could not find such details on my WAZE.

Go to Settings.
Click on location.
Turn on Location Services.
Touch the menu button menu icon and then the Settings wheel settings icon .
Swipe left to All.
Click on General.
Enable Access Location.
ekwkoo
Send a message

Post by ekwkoo
Below is what it says under 'Support->Troubleshoot Issues->NO GPS' of this website:

Enabling GPS on iPhone/iPad

In iOS 5:
Go to Settings.
Make sure Location Services are ON as well as specifically for Waze.
In iOS 6/7/8:
Go to Settings-> Privacy.
Toggle Location Services to ON and make sure Waze is set to ON.
Reset the GPS by doing a hard reset; hold the Power and Home buttons until your device shuts down (for around 20 seconds).

In addition, within the Waze app:

Go to Settings.
Click on location.
Turn on Location Services.
Touch the menu button menu icon and then the Settings wheel settings icon .
Swipe left to All.
Click on General.
Enable Access Location.
If Waze is still unable to get GPS signal we advise you to contact your local provider in order to check the GPS component on your device.
ekwkoo
Send a message

Post by ekwkoo
Now I found my Samsung s4 GPS which was used to work is not working now - same as my new iPhone 6+ and iPhone 5.

I then recalled that recently I had my original in-dash car stereo system (2007 Toyota Camry) replaced with a Pioneer AVH-X5750BT DVD AV Receiver. Ever since then, the GPS on all my phones is not working while I am driving. This is the case when I place the cell phone just above the new Pioneer system at the front row seat. But then, for testing purpose, I place the phone at the back seats, the GPS was working much better, though still not 100%. It seems the farther the cell phone away from the car stereo, the better the signal. Now I believe that somehow there is interference from the new Pioneer system that obstructing the proper operation of GPS.

This sounds weird but unfortunately this is what I experience. I need help to resolve this. Thanks in advance.
ekwkoo
Send a message

Post by ekwkoo
I place the phone on a phone holder clipped onto the ventilation grill above the Pioneer car stereo. As I said. The 2 devices (iphone and Samsung) had no problem receiving GPS signal before at the same location. The problem happens only after I replaced the original car stereo with the Pioneer.
ekwkoo
Send a message

Post by ekwkoo
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have problem on all 3 phones I tried (iphone 6+, iphone 5 and Samsung s4).
Network coverage and cellular signal (3G and LTE) are good. Other GPS apps have the same problem too. The Pioneer radio supports Apple Car Play but I haven't tried it yet.
ekwkoo
Send a message

Post by ekwkoo
Network coverage was good during the time the GPS signal was not stable. Cellular signal (3G/LTE) was good too. Other GPS apps also don't work. The Pioneer does support Apple Car Play according to Pioneer but I haven't tried it yet.
ekwkoo
Send a message

Post by ekwkoo
I will give Pioneer a call tomorrow. Thanks.
ekwkoo
Send a message

Post by elamodelmerol
I'm also having the same problem I have a Moto Z play running Android 6.0.1 I've noticed it only happens when the Uber driver app is open, any solution to this
elamodelmerol
Send a message

Post by Ellen88K6
Unfortunately, I'm still having this problem :cry: (on my Xperia Z3 compact). I tried all the solutions that are mentioned and nothing seems to work permanently. I installed the GPS test app, cleared and updated the AGPS, and this seemed to work at first. However, it only worked one time, and now I'm getting the error message again.

Waze was working fine before the update. Please get this fixed!
Ellen88K6
Send a message

Post by Ellen88K6
I deleted and re-installed the app. The bug seems to be gone now.
Ellen88K6
Send a message