Top Hazard Shortcuts  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby DippyDawg32 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm sure we all want to be safe wile using Waze but at the same time help us all out by placing hazard marks and others. But there are too many clicks to drop one down. Why not have the ability for the user to have their top three most used hazards (or other markers) on the screen? You can have the three buttons be able to be defined in the settings somewhere, then they can be displayed on the right side above the 'Report' marker. There should be plenty of room even in landscape mode and in Navigation mode.

Also, at what point dropping a marker does it lock in the location? Is it at the time of clicking the 'Report' marker for example? So that I don't have to rush to click everything else in time? Or is it at the point of clicking one of the other reports (i.e. Hazard, Police, traffic jam, accident, etc.)? I can't seem to dial this in and the marker ends up dropping to late or too soon. I'm sure this is a frustration for others because when I'm notified of something...it's always off from where the incident is.

Anyway, having shortcuts of each user's own most commonly used reports would be great (this is also because the audio recording doens't always work, too, even with earphone/mic). My three common would be Heavy Traffic, Vehicle on Shoulder and Police.

Also, what is the purpose of 'Later'? Why would I want to report anything later? I thought it was a staging so if I needed to use one, but it ended it up dropping it waaaaay back when I first chose it. Hence my suggestion of shortcuts.

Thanks
DippyDawg32

Re: Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby GTI18T » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:25 pm

The marker is dropped where you pressed the "Report" button, not Send. This is great, because it allows you to fill in the details at the next red light and hit Send.

The "Later" button is related. It just saves the location of the marker and gets you back to navigation. Later, when you're able to, you can go back to the report (there will be a link at the bottom of the screen to finish it), fill in the details and hit send. Brilliant!
GTI18T

Postby MGODLEW » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:39 pm

You can use Voice Commands
[ img ]
Rank 6 US Champ, Beta Tester & iOS Beta Leader | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 9.0.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby TravisHaleCool » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:52 am

I don't mean to reopen an old thread, but given this is based on Top Hazards, I think it is worth mentioning that using voice commands still requires interaction with the phone (e.g. waving) which does still distract the driver from the road. It does it less, but it would be far better to have as per one of my other posts something like a keyword detection to trigger it from the start, I don't know if Waze can listen all the time, or if it can go through OK Google, but that would be the better way to do it, e.g. report a hazard without requiring any movement near the phone, the driver can then continue as is.

Apologies if I have brought up an old thread, but I do not believe that voice commands in their current state do eliminate the hazard (they just reduce it slightly).
TravisHaleCool

Postby mszymans1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:50 pm

The "later" feature does not address when you are driving on the highway. There is no appropriate time to go back and fill in all your alerts once stopped. My most common report is 'vehicle stopped on shoulder', which takes 5 clicks to report. Not real safe when rolling at 65+mph. It certainly seems more useful then a "friends" button which I can't even remove from my map screen.
mszymans1

Postby blah654 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm

The one got me is it only saves the latest report, I some times see 3 or 4 hazards in a row.
blah654

Postby beliving » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 am

Reducing the amount of time I have to look at the phone would be awesome! When I try to report a semi truck's tire tread on the highway, it feels dangerous to tap my phone so many times.

There's no way a person could snap a picture and have the marker be in the appropriate spot. That option is puzzling, perhaps only for reporting standstill traffic? It seems to detract from safely and quickly making reports by adding unnecessary clutter. Perhaps have buttons disappear while driving until the passenger option is selected? Anything more streamlined than the current process, please.

Adding a comment would be perfect while driving, if it could be a voice attachment. Then the voice attachment could play for the hazard warning. It's important information to know where that huge tire tread is, whether the left, center or right lanes. Just reporting the hazard is hazardous enough, without even giving other relevant info. I have greatly reduced the number of reports because of the excessive clicks, even sometimes not reporting when a person is changing a tire, which such a report would help the safety of the Wazer as well as the tire changer. It's just that making the report feels so dangerous, tapping five times. Like, why do we have to close screens? They should auto close while driving, IMO. The level of interaction that Waze requires in order to help other people is frustrating for me. I don't want to end up being the accident that other wazers have to report.

Please consider reducing the number of clicks to do things. Finishing a report when my 45 minute commute ends is not so useful. Perhaps have shortcuts directly on the screen.
beliving

User customise traffic report

Postby w33b3ng » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:20 am

I'm a regular waze user and i wish i could contribute on daily traffic report along the way back home/any destination, the latest version needs 3 clicks to complete a report, where i found am taking too much time on the screen instead of the busy traffic, it could be risky.
I was thinking can those icons be user customised to display on the side of the screen (as they are not occupied), so that user can make a one click traffic report ?
w33b3ng

Re: User customise traffic report  Topic is solved

Postby vince1612 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:29 am

w33b3ng wrote:the latest version needs 3 clicks to complete a report, where i found am taking too much time on the screen instead of the busy traffic, it could be risky.

Did you try leaving your finger on the report button ? That brings up quick reports.
Also once this is done you don't need to take any risks, Waze will have saved the location and time of the report already and you can finish adding details and send it later when it is safe. (If you don't touch it or manually press "later" the report will minimize to the side until you are ready to open it again.)
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Feature Request - Hazard/On Shoulder/(Button Styles)

Postby brucemathtutor » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:26 pm

As Waze Royalty (rank 3,400) I pack in a ton of miles. "Vehicle stopped on shoulder" is far, far, and away the most common hazard. Next Police Reported ahead.
It takes way t-o-o-o-o many clicks to send these. Suggest a shortcut just for these two.
If texting and driving is an issue - imagine five clicks.!!

I use reading glasses - but nothing for driving. These new buttons are hopeless. The background color is pale pastel and does not highlight the content (the words are un-readable without glasses).
Suggestion: Use / occupy the whole circle with an image / stronger background / and drop the words.
Thank you. WAZE is awesome!!!!!
brucemathtutor

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests