These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Servinjesus1
Update:

It appears this only happens when dealing with stops labeled "Ad". Unfortunately, I've found these stops to be most often the ones least off route, so they show up on top, meaning I run into this issue often.
Servinjesus1
Send a message

Post by Shad0w94
hi, im using iphone 5 IOS 9.2.
I restored my iphone ios,reseted all setting, reinstalled the waze apps, why still cant fix the "no gps. showing approximate location"??? is that got any solution?? thanks.

i wish the next update can fix the problem.
Shad0w94
Send a message

Post by Shad0w94
KuniaKid wrote:
xxleexx wrote:hi, im using iphone 5 IOS 9.2.
I restored my iphone ios,reseted all setting, reinstalled the waze apps, why still cant fix the "no gps. showing approximate location"??? is that got any solution?? thanks.

i wish the next update can fix the problem.
Does GPS work with other apps? (Apple Maps, etc.)
yes, others apps works with the gps.just waze apps cant.
Shad0w94
Send a message

Post by sohandy
I have been a long time user of Waze. With this latest update, I am now experiencing freezing (black screen, no sound) within a minute of starting the app. It did this seven times today. iPhone 6s, 128mb. When I would close out and restart the app, it would offer to resume to the destination, but had me located several blocks from where I was or worse take me somewhere completely different from the address entered and it showed I was going to. This is a HUGE step backwards from my daily experience. This has been a fantastic program. I hope you can fix this issue quickly. If you need more details, please do not hesitate to contact me.
sohandy
Send a message

Post by spectrumfox
B_Carp wrote:Annoyingly, the "Alerts only" setting now gives sound when the path deviates from the Waze-directed path & also alerts to expected traffic time when I'm already in traffic. This is a new change in 4.0.1.
kerrypowell wrote:Yes, I'm annoyed as well. Hopefully this is a bug and not a new feature.
rad1jc wrote:This annoys me as well. I drive in "Alerts Only" mode and don't necessarily use Waze for guidance but for alerts along my route (traffic, etc.). I tend NOT to drive where it wants me to so I'm suddenly hearing the "recalculating" chime a lot and it's bothersome.
If this is a new "feature", it's absolutely horrible. I can no longer listen to my music without hearing that annoying chirp all of the time when I make a turn that Waze doesn't approve of.

Please allow us to disable this in a separate option. I've been using Waze for years, and I want to continue using it, but this one thing is a dealbreaker if it's not resolved.
spectrumfox
Send a message

Post by spectrumfox
Pizuz wrote:So you are the guys causing all those ”Suggested route frequently ignored“ MPs :mrgreen:
I find Waze doesn't always know best, especially in California Bay Area traffic. Often, one has to improvise.
spectrumfox
Send a message

Post by spectrumfox
vince1612 wrote:
spectrumfox wrote:
Pizuz wrote:So you are the guys causing all those ”Suggested route frequently ignored“ MPs :mrgreen:
I find Waze doesn't always know best, especially in California Bay Area traffic. Often, one has to improvise.
When that's the case, driving the suggestion a few times will teach Waze that it is less effective and it will stop suggesting it after a while. Never doing it doesn't let Waze learn to know your option is better.
The problem is, sometimes what is the fastest route on one day isn't the fastest on another day. The freeways and roads in California, especially in the Bay Area, are quite random. And Waze doesn't seem to take into account how some of the signals operate.

For example, on my morning commute Waze tells me to get off of the freeway at a certain point and take a side street. The problem is, the side street is most definitely NOT the quickest way to go because of how the signals on that road operate. If I actually stay on the freeway, it saves me about 5-7 minutes.

And, on my way home, Waze tells me to stay on a freeway when it's INCREDIBLY backed up because it doesn't take into account the metering lights. I found an alternate route by taking a side street, but Waze never seems to remember that I take it, no matter how many times I take it, and that it saves me a good 10 minutes on my trip home.

Not to mention Waze doesn't take carpool and express lanes into consideration, especially when the deviate slightly off the main freeway. It never remembers that I take the express lane in the morning and always tries to make me go a different route.

So for me, Waze is best used as a loose guide, and for letting me know when traffic is building up, or that there's an accident up ahead. Other than that, I take what it tells me as a suggestion and I make my own route. That's how I've been using it for years, and it's worked perfectly fine up until this point where it now bleeps at me when I take a different path.

And personally, I can't always afford the time to teach Waze the less effective way to go, especially when it can delay me up to 15 minutes depending on traffic. Not that the prospect of teaching a navigation system the wrong way to go really excites me all that much to begin with.

An option in the Sound menu to silence the re-route notification sound would be much appreciated.
spectrumfox
Send a message

Post by spectrumfox
wazCris wrote:
Pizuz wrote:You don't have to. Waze will alert you, even if you don't have turn-by-turn navigation active.
I think most people set a destination so they have a constant ETA reminder showing. (Even if they don't plan to follow the route)

So this solution you provide is not ideal for those people.
Yup, this right here.

There should be no reason we need to gimp the app by keeping navigation off, thereby missing out on incredibly useful ETA data. Nor should we be pressured to take the exact route Waze suggests if there is a better one available that Waze isn't picking up on at the time.
vince1612 wrote:@Pizuz : We had the same problem with the previous thread.. People really don't read any solutions we suggest to them and focus only on adding up the complaints. :?
Thanks for helping out ;)
This is a feedback thread and we are providing useful and productive feedback to you. There's a bunch of us here, some of us long time Waze users, telling you guys that the solutions you are providing don't mesh with our usage of the app. Not all feedback you will receive will be positive, that doesn't mean we're complaining either.
spectrumfox
Send a message

Post by spectrumfox
vince1612 wrote:
spectrumfox wrote:There should be no reason we need to gimp the app by keeping navigation off, thereby missing out on incredibly useful ETA data. Nor should we be pressured to take the exact route Waze suggests if there is a better one available that Waze isn't picking up on at the time.
Nobody is pressuring to take the route Waze first suggests, that's why you can easily switch using the alternate routes option. If your route is not there, I still don't see why people insist on using navigation, because the ETA displayed will not be correct since it will be the ETA for the Waze route, while you already know you won't be following it. Making any displayed ETA irrelevant to where you plan on driving since any road alerts, traffic, events etc.. will be calculated for a different itinerary.
What I like most about Waze is that, if I decide to go off the route at any time (like if I decide to run an errand, or pick up a bite to eat on the way home), it will automatically update itself with the best new route available to me based on which direction I am going, and also update the ETA without me having to give it additional input. I know if I decide to go a different way, the ETA will change and might be 100% accurate. That's a given.

But I enjoy that kind of dynamic use of the ETA. If I'm headed to an event and the ETA says I'll arrive 20 minutes before start time, I know that I have some leeway to make a stop or two before I arrive if I feel like it. It shouldn't cause a problem for the app, or the contributors who submit the road data and routes, when I decide to do this.

For example, I had no idea until yesterday that using Waze like I have been doing for years messes with submitted map data. That's not something the end user should have to take into account or concern themselves with.
spectrumfox
Send a message

Post by spectrumfox
tonytx05 wrote:
spectrumfox wrote: For example, I had no idea until yesterday that using Waze like I have been doing for years messes with submitted map data. That's not something the end user should have to take into account or concern themselves with.
What makes you say this? You aren't messing up the data by ignoring the route Waze offers. You're always adding speed info to the roads you do drive.
I said that because yesterday, this was said.
Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about how routes are submitted to Waze.
tonytx05 wrote:You could also ask for help in the forum that was linked and an editor could look at the route you're driving to try and understand why Waze tries to send you the way it does, if that is caused by a problem with the map, and fix that problem if it exists.
Honestly, the only thing I need help with is a way to disable the new re-routing notification sound that was added to the "Alerts Only" sound option in 4.0.1. Besides that, everything is peachy on my end and Waze works exactly how I want it to. I think its great that Waze suggests paths I can take, but I want to retain the ability to not take the suggested path in lieu of another path I want to take instead without being constantly beeped at by the app.
spectrumfox
Send a message