Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by overclockrj
Hi all. Finally Waze to Windows Phone!

I'd like to avoid screen lock when running Waze. Is that possible?

kind regards from Brazil.
Daniel
overclockrj
Send a message

Post by pepperjohn
When using Waze with music at the same time (Nokia Mix Radio), the voice turn-by-turn prompts play on top of/mixed in with the music. Contrast this to the Nokia Here Maps, which mutes the music while prompting. I prefer the latter, as it is much easier to hear the navigation prompts, or at least if it could turn down the music volume to ensure that the navigation prompts are easy to hear.
pepperjohn
Send a message

Post by PeterSt1
My 8.1 is not subject to Windows updates, so it's certainly not that.

2G does not help.

The only thing which helps is flight mode. 8-)
And then still, if I choose a navigation endpoint, Waze again vanishes.
PeterSt1
Send a message

Post by PeterSt1
So at the moment it seems, that no waze for us until w10m arrives...
How is that going to help ?
Btw, people on W10M report the same issue at this moment.
PeterSt1
Send a message

Post by PeterSt1
Aha, didn't know that !

So far I have locked out my WP from W10 upgrading. It could catch fire. ;)
Will investigate that now. Thanks.
PeterSt1
Send a message

Post by PG-Zac
This morning I have been unable to launch Waze on my Windows phone.

When I click the icon, Waze seems to start, but before the map appears, Waze just vanishes and the phone screen returns to the normal display.

I have rebooted the phone, and re-installed Waze, but no improvement.

Do you know if this is a Waze issue? Maybe it's a windows phone issue?

I hope it's not a phone update that now prevents Waze working on my phone.

Cheers
PG-Zac
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Pieteryts
Its sad to know. Due to some egocentric on certain OS, they would stop the development. First when I know waze, its like "Wow! Its a whole lot better. Finally I can replace my gmaps". Right now, I'm thinking "Geez, fortunately I haven't uninstall gmaps".
I have done some in waze (by driving, provides hazard, traffic issue, and many else. Including map editing), And I think I stand by with all WP Waze users. We need constant support.

If you decided to help, please update the apps constantly as in the android versions and iOS versions. If not, please withdraw the apps from the market and announce it that Waze is a no go for WP. Its a lot better that way.

We might in the end see Waze+ or any other mutation on the market. Hahaha.
Pieteryts
Send a message

Post by Pilotdave69
Hi,

I'm using Waze on a Lumia 930 running WP8 (I am aware there is currently no official support for WP8).

Everything was going well until a few days ago. Every time I powered up the app, it'd ask me to sign in. I'd sign in - sometimes it would work, sometimes it'd tell me I had the wrong credentials. Anyway, I've since done a full 'format and reinstall' of the phone and Waze is still refusing to remember my username and password. It's frustrating to have to keep reentering the information, especially for a short trip.

Has anyone else experience this problem? Is there a known fix? Any help and advice would be very much appreciated. :-)

I do like using Waze, but with the lack of reliability of the current app, I feel I may be forced to leave it and find another solution should things not improve. Such a shame. :(

Many thanks,

Dave
Pilotdave69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by Pilotdave69 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Pilotdave69
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

It is installed on the main memory of the phone (the 930 doesn't have an SD slot).

Cheers,

Dave
Pilotdave69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Pilotdave69
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback.

I've recently installed Waze on my old/spare Lumia 920. That too has the same forgotten ID problem as seen on the Lumia 930.

It has only started doing it within the last few weeks. Has Waze changed something (server side?) within this timespan?

I too support the desperate pleas to bring back WP support for Waze. I'm not going to change my phone to Android or Crapple just to get support for my preferred satnav app - I'd rather keep Waze, but will ultimately search for an alternative app. :(

Dave
Pilotdave69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message