[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.6 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby pumrum » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:26 pm

sketch wrote:Perhaps for locked segments the Validator highlight could be displayed differently. Maybe a few dark or black stripes along the segment? Alternating lighter-darker colors?

I can see value in this. Something similar to what WMECH does -- segments locked to your rank or lower are accented in color, segments locked above your rank are accented in black. For validator, maybe the "halo" could be outlined in either bright pink or black depending on the above? If you really want to get crazy, you could vary the shade of pink based on the lock level - higher the lock the brighter the pink? just some ideas...

but in the end I definitely want to see validator show me issues with locked segments, even if they're above my rank. :)
pumrum

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.7 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby pumrum » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:31 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:In the thread quotes by CBenson, please supply either GIS link to city/county website showing lowercase usage or photograph of street signs showing lowercase.

Not to beat a dead horse... but given that Waze's primary goal should be to get a user from point A to point B safely and efficiently -- wouldn't it be easier to just standardize on Title Case since >99% of the USA segments already follow that standard? Why spin our wheels trying to get Validator to work around what is probably a very small corner case to get a lower case letter in a street name display, when it does absolutely nothing to aide navigation? Remember - we're navigation assistants, not government map makers :)

My opinion: if a user comes to an intersection and Waze instructs them to turn left on "Del Ray St" and the street sign reads "del Ray St" ... I think they'll figure it out. We have bigger fish to fry... thoughts?
pumrum

Postby pumrum » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:09 pm

I've been trying a bunch of different regexp, but can't seem to figure this one out:

I want to highlight segments that have an Alternate Street specified but no city.

This doesn't need to be in the main validator package, I am fine if I can do it with a custom regexp check. I can highlight segments that have alt st, segments that have specific text in any alternate street, segments that have no alt street... but I can't seem to get the above check to work. Nothing critical, just would help me do some cleanup.

thanks! :D
pumrum

Postby pumrum » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm

qwaletee wrote:> - Validator now skips locked segments, so the locks may be used to hide issues for low-level users.

If you uncheck "Exclude non-editable segments" the highlights come back. This option is on by default which I think is what some are concerned with... but now that I know I can uncheck this option and see validator errors on segements locked to higher than my level, I'm good with it.
pumrum

Postby pumrum » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:42 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Perhaps the code is not optimal, but I hope you got the idea. Let me know if we miss something in the template variables.

You are a wizard, thanks! I updated it to search up to the first 10 alternate names, and after some very quick testing it seems to work as expected.

Template:
Code: Select all
@@${altCity[0]}##${altStreet[0]}@@${altCity[1]}##${altStreet[1]}@@${altCity[2]}##${altStreet[2]}@@${altCity[3]}##${altStreet[3]}@@${altCity[4]}##${altStreet[4]}@@${altCity[5]}##${altStreet[5]}@@${altCity[6]}##${altStreet[6]}@@${altCity[7]}##${altStreet[7]}@@${altCity[8]}##${altStreet[8]}@@${altCity[9]}##${altStreet[9]}

Regexp:
/@@##[^@]/
pumrum

Postby pumrum » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Would it be helpful to fork the custom check (regex) discussion into a separate thread, and have your easy/medium/hard examples be the top sticky? I think there could be a lot of great exploration into how to use complex regex checks and not have to bog the main thread down with all of that discussion. what do you think :?:
pumrum

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.8 (BETA) / 15.04.2014

Postby pumrum » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:28 am

There used to be an option to filter based on username - I see it's been removed (or perhaps hidden for non CMs). Along the same lines - is it possible in the future to filter based on the object's Area Manager? If so, I'd like to request that :)

Some of us have odd shaped AM areas, or areas that don't precisely fit our editing window for one reason or another. Would be nice to say "only look at objects you are an AM of" or similar... would let me ignore the junk outside my area (that are otherwise editable by me) while I focus on cleaning up what's inside my area.
pumrum

Postby pumrum » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Filter by username is available only for Country Managers

That's what I figured, thanks!

berestovskyy wrote:I'll have a look, but I'm not sure if it's even possible to implement.

I think it would be great if it's possible, as you have time of course :)

berestovskyy wrote:Try to use "City name" filter in the search tab instead

This is about the same as just running with the approximate zoom level - unfortunately the AM boundaries don't match the city boundaries. This will help for getting 80% of it, I guess for now I will just have to go and clean up the garbage outside my area for now :)
pumrum

Postby pumrum » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:02 pm

I can't seem to find any info on the ${roundabout} template -- i've tried true, false, 1, 0, yes, no, roundabout... what can I regex on to highlight roundabouts?
pumrum

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.9 (BETA) / 27.04.2014

Postby pumrum » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 pm

crazycaveman wrote:I'm running into a strange issue with user-defined checks

Your regex looks fine. To confirm, I straddled the Hudson River between NY and NJ and set the following...

This highlights everything on the NY side:
${state}
/New York/

This highlights everything on the NJ side:
${state}
!/New York/

If you are stuck, try resetting the validator. Make sure "Exclude non-editable segments" is not checked after your reset, and set the custom filter again. Once you have verified manually that it is highlighting as expected, you can run a report. If you want to only see the custom filter results, set the "Reported as" filter to 128 (green) or 129 (blue) or 128,129 (green and blue)
pumrum

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts