Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

"Whoa! We could not find a route."

Post by c1010010
Found something really odd... WAZE cannot route me to The Outer Banks, NC?!?

I was in the middle of giving a Waze iPhone App demo to my father for him to use on his upcoming OBX trip, and the app kept giving me a "Cannot find a route" error.

Odd, I thought.

So, I just tried to do it on the web interface too... and am getting a "Whoa! We could not find a route."

What is going on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I tried specific addresses, as well as generic ones.

For example: Philadelphia, PA to Hatteras, NC does not give any routes.

Unless someone nuked NC, I can't see how this would be possible.
c1010010

POSTER_ID:12338946

Send a message

Post by c1010010
OK, so just a quick update - it now works.

I have done nothing different on my side - any idea what happened?
c1010010
Send a message

Post by c1010010
CBenson wrote:Waze doesn't think Philadelphians should venture that far south. Similar issue discussed here, but that route fails consistently.
LOL.
But we have fantastic Cheese Steaks and Soft Pretzels?

1 Cheese Steak for 3 #1 Jimmies?

(Thanks, will review that issue)
c1010010
Send a message

c1010010
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Waze doesn't think Philadelphians should venture that far south. Similar issue discussed here, but that route fails consistently.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
phuz wrote:Something up with the servers or is this the new norm?
I'm guessing both.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by DeMeenzer
Same here, I have been traveling Chesapeake VA/Virginia Beach to Pittsburgh PA/Cleveland OH/Akron OH/Erie PA on a regular base for the last 18 months. Had been able to route in one stretch until about 3 months ago, when it started to fail calculating a route. The stretch to Bedford PA is the farthest I can take without encountering the error.
This is a major inconvenience as the backroads avoiding the heavy interstate traffic around metro DC can be the better/faster connection at times. However, that might not be the case when unable submitting the true destinations in the search.

This is a major inconvenience on a route that is far of the 1000 miles the software is supposed to handle and definitively calls for a server update. It seems Waze might be a victim of its own success with the too many requests causing the moderate distance requests to bounce off the server.
DeMeenzer
Send a message

Post by doonthewynd
Now that the Forth Road Bridge is closed until January my Waze can not find a route from my home location in Dalgety Bay in Fife Scotland to Edinburgh Airport. Google maps comes up instantly with the alternative route via Kincardine Bridge. Why can't Waze find this alternative route ?
doonthewynd
Send a message

Post by eDoggAudio
Having the same problem right now going from Allentown PA to Long Island NY. From what I remember this route has never worked on Waze.

COME ON WAZE!! Not being able to navigate thru the biggest city in the US is a HUGE inconvenience.
eDoggAudio
Send a message

Post by eDoggAudio
The drive is less than 100 miles.
eDoggAudio
Send a message