These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by EngrPedrigal
Estimating your current location depends upon several factors including Satellite position, Line of Sight, Weather etc. You can try this tips to improve the accuracy of GPS on waze app.

READ: https://androidscrib.com/no-gps-showing ... -location/
EngrPedrigal
Send a message

Post by era417
PLEASE HELP!
My GPS is not working. I am able to search for the address, gives me the route, but does not follow the directions, just uses the Wifi and gives me an approximate position.I contacted costumer service, got the automated response,I did all they suggested;
I have deleted the and reloaded the App; turned Location Services off and on, rebooted the phone, changed the battery, talked to ATT, talked to Apple, and I am still lostI
I have an iPhone 6, updated, and this started happening about 2 month ago, after one of Waze's updates.
I am hoping someone else had this problem previously -solved and can help me!
Thank you!
era417
Send a message

Post by era417
It works with the Apple map ( I think , as I only tried in the house, not out side- I don't generally use Apple maps)
era417
Send a message

Post by erezz123
I found a fix! it's not a perfect fix but it does the job.
http://www.gps-fix.com/
erezz123
Send a message

Post by erickdeoliveiraleal
I have Moto z play and have this problem, tried gps toolbox, factory reset. nothing helps. Need to turn off and turn back again location to work. other apps like maps works. Already sent message to Waze develop team but they didn't correct this.

PS.: I think waze is getting last wifi point instead gps signal, it only uses agps. while other maps apps use gps signal normally. only after turn off/on it can use gps signal correctly.
erickdeoliveiraleal
Send a message

Post by ErictingNinja8
Dear sirs, im use the iphone and when i using the waze app it was coming out the error like no GPS and cant detect the location, and when i turn on the GPS in setting, it just run while after no more gps connection even i using the data(telco internet) also no function, i need to close and turn it then problem it still same.

Can u fix/ solve this problem?

thank you.

https://ibb.co/fvp6iw
ErictingNinja8
Send a message

Post by fadley
Currently I am using 2 mobile alcatel Flash and Xperia C3, both using latest 4.0.1.1 waze and both showing "no gps" although gps and location is already on. Please solve this matter. I always using waze to go to other country and it help me alot that time.
fadley
Send a message

Post by FaizullSudin
i have similar case this morning after using it for quite long time. For android i have uninstall update for ggl maps & it can work back perfectly.
Was tried same way on my iphone but no luck.
FaizullSudin
Send a message

Post by faridcUs
I am having the same issue.
Even in clear skies, Waze loses its signal and the map starts zooming in and out like crazy.
This happens in both rural and urban areas. Sometimes up to a half of my 1:30 H commute is lost trying to find a GPS link.
My app is the 4.1 version and I think is up to date.
When I switch to Google map, when Waze lost its signal, Google map picks it up pretty quickly and seldom loses it.
faridcUs
Send a message

Post by FGuaycuru
chankel wrote:Hello,

The message in the subject is what I get on my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone since the beginning of this week (I translated it from french, so not sure it is the exact message, but it's its meaning). It worked fine before, and I didn't notice any system update at that date.

If I use Google maps instead, it works fine, so it is not a problem with the GPS signal or chipset. I have the same issue with and without Android Auto (no error message with Android auto, but no update of the position).

I can also use Waze on my professional phone (Samsung Galaxy A8, with same versions of Waze and Android)), and it works fine there, whether I use it in my car with Android Auto or without Android Auto.

I tried what I found on the help but nothing worked. I disconnected / reconnected to my account, uninstalled and installed again the application, ensured that GPS worked properly (it works fine with Google Maps), checked the authorizations (for sure I didn't change anything between sunday an monday), but I still have the same issue...

Does somebody here have other hints ?

Many thanks in advance,

Mathieu
I've been having the exact same issue in my Galaxy S8 and my wife's Galaxy S9. It's extremely annoying! It seems to have started approx. 1~2 weeks ago!
FGuaycuru
Send a message