Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.0.1

Post by vince1612
To continue the discussion and feedback on the latest iOS release. (previous thread)
wazCris wrote:So 4.0.1 is out. Does it fix ANY of the complaints?
Pizuz wrote:The color scheme for night mode was altered. The former purple line is now cyan. Furthermore, for shared drives the green line is now less bright.

No other changes, as far as I can tell.
Pizuz wrote:The icons are still the same and I personally like it that way.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by viliszilis
Pizuz wrote:
VilisZilis wrote:this is how map looks like now on v4.0.
*snip*
Very ***ing clear which way to go looking at map. thank you for this amazing update. also my screen now is 2x smaller which im also very gratefull for.
Looks like a pretty ”creative“ use case, doesn't it? At least it tells you to keep right...
its a standard situation to make left turn where its forbidden btw (go past needed street, then turn around and then make right). the only excuse to this update i can imagine is designers dont actually use the app themselves.
viliszilis
Send a message

Post by viliszilis
this is how map looks like now on v4.0.
http://s3.postimg.org/5spvp1o1f/IMG_0521.png
Very ***ing clear which way to go looking at map. thank you for this amazing update. also my screen now is 2x smaller which im also very gratefull for.
viliszilis
Send a message

Post by viliszilis
Waze 4.0 became unusable on iphone 4 and 4s.

1) effective map view area is reduced by 1/3 (thanks for that super informative thick black field on top, it really helps :( thick enlarged "good evening" field also greatly helps me navigate)
2) everything loads up twice as long
3) when routed road cross itself, its impossible to read direction to follow on map. there was no such problem on 3.9 because route was thin line

good job google. just what i expected. there was a reason i keep myself away from you and your android yet you found a way to get to me. well played
viliszilis
Send a message

Post by usa_ywturip8
The icons for the other Wazers are TOO SMALL! The almost seem only a few pixels in size. I cannot see who's who.

Also, can you PLEASE reinstate the 'OTHER SIDE' option when reporting in Hazards? I see it for reporting police (IRONIC) but not for Hazards.
usa_ywturip8
Send a message

Post by umopapisdn
VinzR87 wrote: is it useful to be alerted that you should have taken the last exit and you just missed it?
within the context of the app and its' intended use, how is that _not_ useful? think of it more along the lines of "hey, you missed that last turn. pay attention to me because you're about to get a new set of instructions." the app only knows that you've just missed a turn. it doesn't have a way to know _why_ you're ignoring it.

remember, the stated purpose of Waze is to give you the fastest route. the assumption is that since you've chosen to use it that it's your goal too.
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Area Manager for most of Central and Southern Indiana; LAM INDOT Vincennes District.
https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/421565.png

Post by ukhoray
B_Carp wrote:Annoyingly, the "Alerts only" setting now gives sound when the path deviates from the Waze-directed path & also alerts to expected traffic time when I'm already in traffic. This is a new change in 4.0.1.
I have been using Waze consistently for several years now for all my driving. This feature maybe a deal breaker for me. I hope there will be an option to disable it in the new update. If anyone know the way how to switch it off now - it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ukhoray
Send a message

Post by Ugrifules
I have downloaded the iOS 4.0.1.1 yesterday.

Summary: this upgrade is a DISASTER :cry:
There is hardly any improvements versus previous version, but a lot of weaknesses popped up.

Detected weaknesses after 1 day (!), I think they are even dangerous as taking the driver's attention away:

1 - There is no possibility to change color scheme anymore. Day: White background + light grey alternate routes (barely visible :shock: ) Night: Grey background with darked grey routes (not visible at all :shock: :shock: ) Former color scheme was much better visible

2 - I use the IPhone6 fixed horizontal on my dashboard. In the 4.0.1.1. the new info bar at the bottom covers approx 20% of the screen. WHY ?

3 - There is a BUG in the software. I use the 2 D map and set to "north always up". if I drive and move the screen with my fingers to see how the neighboring roads look like , then press the "Circle" icon to move the view back to where my car is, the WAZE rotates the MAP, and is not directed to NORTH anymore - but it does not shown on the screen... Stupid...

I really would like to know, how I can downgrade to previous version - I have no backup of my iPhone, but any ideas are welcome.
Thanks for all !
Ugrifules
Send a message

Post by TxSkeptic
I hate the new update, although some of my problems are from the old version too.

- Now only have little colored dots to show events and have to zoom in way too far to get icons and be able to click on them to get details.

- When scrolling ahead to check traffic or get event details miles away, it auto centers back to my location way to quick, and always when I'm just about to the zoom level needed to get details, then bam, back to current location. How about no auto re-center unless I hit the re-center button.

- doesn't show complete traffic on area roads like the old version did. I guess no color is supposed to mean green now? Except I find lots of traffic jams on non-colored roads that should be red-red-red.

- How about prioritization of icons? Sometimes get several red traffic jam icons packed together, and only upon zooming all the way in can I see a major accident icon. Maybe the accident should take priority and show much more prominently to explain why the jam exists.

JT
TxSkeptic
Send a message

Post by tonytx05
bernie526 wrote:I’m a 3+ year Wazer but this is my first post so apologies in advance if I miss any on the posting guidelines. I have to agree with all of the posts requesting that the new version add back the ability to report on incidents on the other side of the road. If I’m traveling Southbound and see an incident I can report it to Northbound Wazers before they get to the problem. Northbound Wazers can only report after they see the problem. By the time they report it is usually beyond the incident. Southbound users can give the Northbound users notice in advance. Please add this function back to Waze and thanks for doing a great job with the app.
Welcome to the forums! FYI, this issue has been discussed in detail here.
tonytx05
Send a message
Area Manager: Andrews | Brazos County | Houston

https://s.waze.tools/c3s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.png

If you edit in Texas, please make sure you read the following:
USA South Central Region Info | Best Practices | Edits to Avoid