Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Pitikoa
Hi Everyone :)

moving from a android phone to a brand new Lumia, I'm very disappointed to discover the Waze v. 3.7.4.5 for France :
- no landscape mode
- no facebook connection
- graphics compare to the android version seems very aged

So I hope the developement of this great app on WP is not dead 'cause I still want to use it - so far 20K kms make with the Waze help.
Pitikoa
Send a message
Waze on Lumia 535

Post by pitoka52
goldwalker wrote:Hey is anyone else having dramas with waze on WP 8.1?

Worked fine yesterday though wont open past the load screen today.

Running on Nokia 930 quad core 2gb ram.

Any suggestions?
Same thing applies to my WP phones, Lumia 820 and 1020. As of yesterday they crash immediately after start-up
pitoka52
Send a message

Post by pitoka52
Since this app, that worked flawlessly until yesterday, is crashing on numerous WP phones all of the sudden, it seems obvious that it has nothing to do with your soft or hardware. It must be some malfunction in Waze's servers. It also stopped working on my symbian phones too, btw. Same story: until yesterday evening everything was fine.
pitoka52
Send a message

Post by pitoka52
halupkat wrote:I have the same issue since this morning. But now I just find out something: if I start waze with 2G internet connection, it works fine. Slow as snail, but loads all the reports, calculates rout, whatever. If I switch it to LTE, it stops immediately. Strange...
I tried it out on my WP and Symbian phones. Disabled Wi-fi and 3G, so they ran only on 2G, but in my case: absolutely no change, they crashed as usual
pitoka52
Send a message

Post by PJStocker
:D
brighcj wrote:First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)
The instructions say to go to voice commands, but this does not show up on the settings list as it does in the instructions
PJStocker
Send a message

Post by pluciorx
For those of You who are unaware,
You can vote on user voice to show your support for an update of WP version here:

https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... s-phone-10

Hope we can finally convince the developers to work on this.
pluciorx
Send a message

Post by Pr0x1Dan
I've had both the android and recently the new Windows pehone version, and the Windows phone version has a few glitches. The biggest is that for some reason, when I click 'routes' after entering a destination that is NOT my home, it still routes to home, without warning. This has sent me on more than a few wrong waze (pun intended). The only work around is not to use the 'routes' option and let Waze use the original destination and route. You simple don't get route options, but its better than going the wrong way.
Pr0x1Dan
Send a message

Post by proffa71
I've been using Waze for about 6 months now and I like it very much. I've also participated to map editing a bit (10k edits). App worked fine on Symbian phone and somewhat OK now in Windows Phone. There are just 2 main problems for me, when routing the blackened screen often stays on top so you have to press back to get rid of it. The other is that Waze does not keep phone screen always open if just driving without route. Otherwise OK, funny part is that Symbian app was on quite many features better than WP app.

I find it very disturbing that Google wants to fight other platforms with tactic like this, trying to force users to change to other platform. I don't like iPaid devices at all and what I've helped my friends with Android's I will not take those either, even if I liked their design and logic which I don't. Last straw on Android was then copying phone numbers from/to Nokia worked fine but to other Android, not a chance, not even with Gmail or Kies, just email addresses transferred. Tried even to use 3rd phone in the middle, no help. So in the end my friend had to punch 357 numbers manually to new phone's memory...

For me all this means that when Waze app comes unusable in WP I'll stop using it, once and for all. There is no way I will change to either supported platform mentioned before, unless WP dies completely and even then I would try to find alternative. And I know many other users that agree with me.
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/X36kJbj/Banner1-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by proffa71
App started suddenly crashing at startup, map comes visible and then it crashes. Phone reboot and app reinstall did not help. Anyone else having same problem?
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

Global Champ
Country Manager
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by proffa71
Mrjames1970 wrote:same issue as above post...waze crashes at start of app. windows 8 phone, have uninstalled and reinstalled still have same issue. did notice a map tile update from waze server 10/28/15 maybe this caused the issue ? any help ? is this the right thread ?
Map update might explain this... I've also had some weird routing problems on last few months and in Live Map those routings work just fine so it might be related to this...

Well, if issue doesn't get fixed and Waze (Google) thinks people will change phone platform because of it they're wrong. At least I will definitely stop using this rather than changing away from WP. I like Waze but not that much that I would tolerate Android phone for it ;)
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ
Country Manager
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland